Each year, the State Historic Preservation Office identify worthy recipients to Receive the Governor’s Awards for Historic Preservation.
The award recognized the efforts of Collaborative Bring Back Calumet, which includes the following organizations:
- Keweenaw Economic Development Authority (KEDA)
- Village of Calumet
- Calumet Downtown Development Authority
- Main Street Calumet
- Houghton County Land Bank Authority
- Keweenaw National Historical Park
- and Keweenaw National Historical Park Advisory Commission
The award recognizes the efforts completed by these organizations to preserve, reinvigorate and rehabilitate historic downtown Calumet.
See more details and the other 3 projects in Michigan that were recognized with this award here.