From Friday to Monday, there were only 11 new cases of COVID-19 in Houghton, Baraga, and Keweenaw Counties. That represents a significant drop from the same time period a week prior, and is fairly common during holiday periods. Meanwhile, vaccination rates continue to skyrocket and that should only improve now that all adults can register to receive doses.
Houghton County has nearly caught up to Baraga (21.65 percent versus 23.03 percent). Keweenaw County is over 28 percent, an easier mark to obtain given its smaller population.
- TOTAL: 13 more positives, 5 more probable positives, 41 more recoveries, 0 deaths and 23.98% fully vaccinated (up from 22.80% — meaning 557 more people)
- BARAGA COUNTY: 3 more recoveries and 23.03% fully vaccinated (up from 22.68%)
- GOGEBIC COUNTY: 2 more positives, 4 more recoveries, and 26.20% fully vaccinated (up from 24.66%)
- HOUGHTON COUNTY: 11 more positives, 5 more probable positives, 17 more recoveries, and 21.65% fully vaccinated (up from 20.58%)
- KEWEENAW COUNTY: 1 more recovery and 28.45% fully vaccinated (up from 27.35%)
- ONTONAGON COUNTY: 6 more recoveries and 30.66% fully vaccinated (up from 30.32%)
The full report is here.