Home / News / Where To Turn If You Have Frozen Water Pipes
Frank A. Douglass Insurance Agency

Where To Turn If You Have Frozen Water Pipes

Though the cold temperatures have let up–for now, residents who experienced a freeze up of their water lines are wondering what to do now.

The city of Hancock has received inquiries from residents about thawing water service lines, but like most local municipalities, the city does not provide that service.

The city did post a number of places online to call to get your water lines thawed out that serve the Keweenaw area.

Here is a link to the city of Hancock’s website:


Many communities issued a let-run policy for those who had experienced a freeze up in that past and would allow a limited credit for those water customers who had been preapproved.

If you did experience a freeze up over this most recent cold snap…you should contact your city office to be put on any “let-run” list to avoid future problems.

Check Also

Giving Tuesday Non-Profit Spotlight: Copper Country Habitat for Humanity

Around the nation habitat of many groups work with communities and residents to build homes. …