The leadership of the Copper Country Intermediate School District will remain largely the same this year.
At its organizational meeting this week, the board re-elected Karen Johnson of Lake Linden as president, Gale Eilola of Pelkie as vice-president, and Nels Christopherson of Houghton as treasurer. Adam Loukus of Calumet will take over as board secretary. Dale Kero of Hancock, Tim Palosaari of Chassell, and Lisa Tarvainen of Watton round out the board.
The board will continue to meet at 5:30 on the third Tuesday of each month.
The board also confirmed a number of new hires at its meeting this week…
• Kelly Kalcich, General Education Secretary
• Thomas Sturos, Business Manager
• Rachel Griffin, Pupil Accounting Auditor
• Emily Johnson, Speech Language Pathologist
• Allison Richmond, Mental Health Professional
• Maren Rouleau, Supervisor of Special Education
• Joseph Zerbst, Work-based Learning Coordinator
• JoAnne Danielson, Early Childhood Specialist
• Jennifer Demske, Instructional/Bus Aide
• Preston Stanko, Onsite Tech Support Specialist
The board also accepted the resignations of Stephanie Davidson and Morgan Larson.