A local student has been chosen to participate in the Isle Royale National Park Teen Artist Exploration program this summer.
Elizabeth Bergstrom from Chassell and Carly Goodlund from McFarland, Wisconsin, will develop their talents on the remote island, as part of the 2022 Artists in Residence program.
Three alternates were also chosen, including Gabrielle Myers, from Hancock.
The Teen Artist Exploration provides students with the opportunity to develop their art through experiencing wilderness. It is open to all visual and performing artists, writers, and composers ages 13 to 18.
The Isle Royale adult Artists In Residence this summer will be:
• Music composer Nathan Cornelius from Philadelphia,
• Print media artist Elizabeth Rose from Springfield, Illinois,
• Ceramist Lisa Truax from Winona, Minnesota,
• Writer Tracy Zeman from Birmingham, Michigan.
Four alternates were also chosen:
• Weaver Abigail Ahlberg from Minneapolis,
• Painter Matt Kania, from Duluth,
• Painter Laura Polette from Berea, Kentucky,
• Music composer John Sichel, from Mountainside, New Jersey.
Both programs are co-sponsored by Isle Royale National Park, the Isle Royale and Keweenaw Parks Association, and the Copper Country Community Arts Council.