Volunteers are needed for several subcommittees that are part of the Copper Country Recycling Initiative.
If you are interested in any of these subcommittees, email the contact person listed.
1. Outreach /Elected officials
- What services do township residents want? Recycling drop-off sites? What else?
- How can we increase communication with township supervisors, village officers, and county commissioners? “Coffee hour with your Commissioner”?
- “Do you live in a village or township? Get active! Make a difference!”
- Contact email@example.com
2. Outreach/ Business
- How can we encourage businesses to recycle?
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
3. “We Recycle” Certification
- Can we set up a system to award businesses that recycle with a decal for their window?
- Contact email@example.com
4. Michigan Green Communities
- Some great sustainability ideas from this state-wide organization; we’ve already done some; let’s get Houghton/Hancock certified. https://migreencommunities.com
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Household Hazardous Wastes
- Contact email@example.com
6. Year-end Recycling at MTU
- How can we help Goodwill and MTU students recycle all the “stuff” that is thrown out at end of the semester?
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org