Home / Featured / Hancock Council to Consider Beach Property Purchase
Frank A. Douglass Insurance Agency

Hancock Council to Consider Beach Property Purchase

The Hancock City Council could take a step toward expanding its waterfront holdings tonight.

At its regular meeting, the council will consider accepting a grant from the Michigan Department of Natural Resources Trust Fund to cover 75 percent of the $231,900 cost of the property. The city would need to provide the other 25 percent.

Tonight’s agenda also includes a proposal to build a new garage at the Hancock Driving Park, and a proposal to rename the Hancock Beach “Barry Givens Beach,” in honor of the late former mayor and city manager.

Tonight’s meeting begins at 6 at City Hall. Link to the agenda and online access information here.

Check Also

Some NMU Staffers to Receive Accelerated Wage Increases

Members of Northern Michigan University’s Technical, Office and Professional union are receiving raises earlier than …