The annual Health & Safety Fair on the campus of U.P. Health System—Portage is being held this Saturday.
The free event runs from 10am to 1pm and delivers something for everyone.
The fair includes screenings, giveaways, massages, healthy food samples and opportunities to meet and talk with UP Health System staff.
Health and Fitness Manager Angela Luskin says they are also adding fee lipid profiles.
Luskin said if a patient had to pay for that test out-of-pocket at a doctor’s office, it would cost about $300.
- Free lipid profiles, which include total cholesterol, LDL, HDL, triglycerides and blood glucose. Appointments are available June 1 and June 2 from 7-9:30am. Call 906-483-1149 to reserve your spot.
- Physician Q&A sessions – informal & a great opportunity to ask questions about your health
10:30 a.m. Dr. Hopper, Geriatric Medicine & Internal Medicine
11:00 a.m. Dr. Ronquist, Orthopedics
11:30 a.m. Dr. Lipson, Urology
12:00 p.m. Dr. Holladay, Women’s Health
- The Apothecary will be offering Medication Take Back, which provides a safe, convenient, and responsible means of disposing of prescription drugs.
- Free Physical Therapy consultations
- Many activities for youth, including a Strider bike course, helmet fittings (100 free helmets will be given away), Story Walk sponsored by the Copper Country Great Start Collaborative, Boo Boo Casting Clinic (chance for children to see how casting works and to take home a casted stuffed animal) and tours of fire trucks, ambulances and more.
- Car Seat Clinic, where technicians will ensure car seats are installed properly and fit correctly for your child. Car seats will be available for purchase through the KARS program also.
Registration is not needed, simply stop by on June 3 any time between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.