Click on the highlighted scores for more game details.
In boys basketball last evening…
• Houghton outscored L’Anse 79-48.
• Jeffers used a late surge to defeat Calumet 50-37. Levi Frahm of the Jets scored 28 points. Tyler Black scored 12 for the Copper Kings.
• Dollar Bay-Tamarack City stopped Hancock 54-34.
• Ewen-Trout Creek lost to Ironwood 47-30.
In girls’ action…
• Calumet overpowered L’Anse 76-25.
• Hancock stopped Ontonagon 41-22.
• Ewen-Trout Creek downed Ironwood 55-39
On the girls schedule tonight…
• Houghton welcomes Negaunee.
• Calumet hosts West Iron County.
• Chassell plays at Dollar Bay-Tamarack City .
In girls-boys doubleheaders…
• Lake Linden-Hubbell plays at Baraga
• Ontonagon hosts Wakefield-Marenisco.
In hockey tonight…
• Houghton entertains Saginaw Heritage. Coverage begins at 6:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Houghton entertains Kingsford. Coverage will begin at 11:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Hancock entertains Saginaw Heritage at 1:00.
Both Michigan Tech basketball teams entertain Lake Superior State this evening – the women at 5:30, and the men at 7:30. The Huskies will welcome Ferris State on Sunday.
Both Northern Michigan teams host Ferris State tonight, and Lake Superior State Sunday.
The Finlandia women’s basketball team plays at Wisconsin-Stout tonight.
The Finlandia women’s team has added a new recruit. Lena Pleaugh is a senior at Gwinn High School, where she averaged 17 points per game last season.
The Michigan Tech hockey team has the weekend off.
Northern’s hockey team skates at Ferris State tonight and tomorrow.
The Finlandia women’s hockey team skates at Concordia-Wisconsin tonight and tomorrow. The men’s team entertains Hamline tonight at 7:15 and tomorrow at 4:00.
Former Ewen-Trout Creek sports standout Jake Witt has announced he will enter the NFL draft. The Bruce Crossing native played basketball at Michigan Tech after his high school graduation, then transferred to Northern and joined the football team as a tight end. Witt switched to offensive line in the 2021 season, and was named to the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference All-Conference Second Team offense after his senior season in 2022.
The Calumet Wolverines visit the Mosinee Papermakers tonight, and the Fond du Lac Bears tomorrow.
The Portage Lake Pioneers have the weekend off.
The Red Wings gave up four goals in the second period, and fell to the Panthers 5-1 last night. Jonatan Berggren scored Detroit’s only goal. Alex Nedeljkovic took the loss in net. The Wings were outshot 41-20.
The Wings visit the Stars Saturday afternoon. Coverage begins at 1:40 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Pistons visit the Grizzlies tonight. Coverage begins at 7:35 on 99.3 The Lift.
In last night’s NFL contest, the Rams scored two touchdowns in the final 3:19 to stun the Raiders 17-16.
• The Lions entertain the Vikings in a 1:00 contest on 99.3 The Lift.
• The Packers have the weekend off.
Upcoming local sports broadcasts:
- Tonight – Houghton hockey hosts Saginaw Heritage. Coverage will begin at 6:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
- Tomorrow – Houghton hockey hosts Kingsford. Coverage will begin at 11:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
- Tuesday – Houghton hockey skates at Jeffers. Coverage will begin at 6:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
- Tuesday – Calumet girls basketball plays at Hancock. Coverage will begin around 7:00 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Thursday – Houghton boys basketball entertains Hancock. Coverage will begin around 7:00 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.