The Keweenaw Community Foundation is accepting applications for several scholarships.
– The Alec Fisher Memorial Scholarship is open to Michigan Tech students at the junior level or above, studying Environmental Engineering or Management Information Systems.
– The Bernard Gaffney Scholarship Fund is for students or graduates who demonstrate character, need, and determination to achieve their specific educational or training goals.
– The Ronald and Lou Ellyn Helman Scholarship is for students who wish to pursue a trade.
– The Richard and Clara Fedewa Scholarship is for female high school graduates who are members of the St. Ignatius parish.
– The Jack Eberhard Memorial Scholarship will go to a Houghton or Hancock graduate that has participated in two or more years of high school golf.
The application deadline for all of those scholarships is May 1.
In addition, Faith Lutheran Church in Calumet has scholarships available through the KCF, with a preference for church members, and those entering the seminary.
To learn more about the scholarships, click here.
The Aspirus Keweenaw Hospital Auxiliary is also accepting scholarship applications. The Auxiliary has one or two $500 awards available.
The scholarships are open to Aspirus Keweenaw employees, auxiliary members, volunteers and junior volunteers. Immediate family members are eligible if they reside in the same household or are currently attending an accredited school.
Scholarship applications have been mailed to all local schools. A downloadable form is also available here. The application deadline is April 17th.