Five Copper Country businesses will receive some state help to train workers.
Michigan’s Going PRO Talent Fund makes awards to employers to assist in training, developing and retaining current and newly hired employees.
Training funded by the Talent Fund must be short-term and fill a demonstrated talent need experienced by the employer. Training must lead to a credential for a skill that is transferable and recognized by industry.
Awards have been given to:
• Erico Electric of Hancock, for $17,500;
• Great Lakes Sound and Vibration of Portage Township, for $59.520;
• GS Engineering of Houghton, for $84,543.00;
• L’Anse Manufacturing, for $42,745.00; and
• White Pine Copper Refinery, for $30,000.
See the full list of grants for the state here.