The Portage Health Foundation has awarded $37,400 for use by nine community garden projects. Grant recipients include…
• $5,000 for the Chassell School Garden,
• $1,900 for the “Three Sisters” garden at Porvoo Park in Hancock,
• $2,500 for the Dollar Bay-Tamarack City Schools Tower Garden,
• $5,000 for the Finlandia University Ryan Street Garden,
• $5,000 for a new garden at the Ontonagon School,
• $5,000 for a new garden at Barkell Elementary School in Hancock,
• $3,000 for gardens at Ontonagon Village Housing,
• $5,000 for a new Osceola Township-Dollar Bay community garden, and
• $5,000 for a new community garden in South Range.
PHF Director of Community Health Dr. Michelle Seguin said the projects will serve a wide cross-section of the community in a variety of different settings. Read more about them in our story at KeweenawReport.com.
Learn more about the projects here.