The Portage Lake District Library is looking for a new logo and is asking for the community’s help. The library is now accepting submissions for original designs that best represent the library.
Director of the Portage Lake District Library Dillon Geshel said the need for a new logo comes from the board’s decision to amend the mission statement for the first time in 20 years.
“The mission of the Portage Lake District Library is to inspire our diverse community to discover, imagine and connect. So, we’re looking for a new logo that represents that mission statement, but also represents the huge amount of work we do for and with our community,” said Geshel. “Our library is not just a depository for books and so we’re looking for a logo that really speaks to that idea.”
Geshel said a simplistic logo that works in both color and black and white will be given preference. He also suggests that submissions should not include books or local landmarks.
Additional submission guidelines can be found below. The deadline for designs is September 8th at 5 p.m. The selected winner will receive $150.
The Portage Lake District Library is hosting a contest in their search for a new logo. Contestants are asked to submit original designs that meet the criteria listed below. The selected winner will receive a $150 cash prize.
- Minimum resolution of 800 dpi.
- An element of the design must be reducible to 16×16 pixels.
- Be attractive.
- Must be original work of the contestant and contain no previously published elements.
- Preference for designs that can work in either color or black and white.
- Relevant to the Portage Lake District Library.
- Logo must also contain words “Portage Lake District Library” or simply our initials “PLDL”.
Please Consider the following:
- The many different ways people use the library.
- The many different resources available through the library.
- The Library’s mission: to inspire our diverse community to discover, imagine and connect.
- Optional slogans may be added and include, but are not limited to “Discover, Imagine, Connect” or other variations of our mission, vision and value statements. You can find these statements at www.pldl.org
- If we select your design for use, we own the rights to use it.
- The Portage Lake District Library reserves the right to refuse all entries if a suitable design is not identified.
- PLDL employees and family members are ineligible to enter.
- $150 cash award.
- Logo credit on PLDL website.
The deadline for submission is 5 p.m. on September 8, 2017. Please submit designs to Dillon Geshel email@example.com. For more information, please call the library at 482-4570.