Three new members have been nominated for the Michigan Tech Board of Trustees.
The nominations from Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer include…
• Andrea Dickson, a Grosse Pointe Farms attorney, and principle of the start-up telemedicine company Quintree. Dickson is a Tech alum, and has served as the university’s outside general counsel. She will succeed Bob Jacquart, whose term expires December 31, 2020.
• Jon E. Jipping, of Ada, who is the executive vice president and chief operating officer for ITC Holdings Corp. Jipping is a former chair and current advisory board member for the Michigan Tech College of Engineering. He has a master’s degree from Tech. He will succeed Linda Kennedy whose term expires December 31, 2020.
• Matthew D. Johnson, of Marquette, who is the manager of government and community relations for Eagle Mine. He previously worked for Governor Jennifer Granholm and U.S. Representative Bart Stupak. He is a Northern Michigan University alumnus. Johnson will fill the two years remaining on the term of William Johnson, who is resigning from the board.
Whitmer has also nominated two new members to the Northern Michigan University Board of Trustees. They are…
• Jason T. Morgan, of Ann Arbor, who is chair of the Washtenaw County Board of Commissioners. He is an NMU graduate. Morgan will succeed Steve Mitchell, whose term expires December 31, 2020.
• Gregory J. Seppanen, of Marquette, who retired after 24 years as a teacher in the Marquette school district. Seppanen is also an NMU alumnus. He will succeed James Haveman, whose term expires December 31, 2020.
All of the appointments must be approved by the Michigan state senate.