In high school hockey last night…
– The Negaunee at Calumet was postponed to February 18th.
– The Jeffers at Kingsford contest was postponed – no make-up date has been announced.
In hockey tonight, Houghton skates at Hancock in the annual Wing Ding game. Faceoff is at 7:30 at the Houghton County Arena.
In high school boys basketball last night…
– We received no information about the Dollar Bay-Tamarack City v Watersmeet game.
– The Bessemer at Lake Linden-Hubbell contest was postponed to February 14th.
In boys play tonight…
– Houghton plays at Hancock in the annual Wing Ding game. Our pregame coverage will start around 5:40, in advance of a 6:00 tip-off.
– Calumet journeys to West Iron County.
– Lake Linden-Hubbell tips off at L’Anse.
– Dollar Bay-Tamarack City travels to Ontonagon.
– Chassell plays at Jeffers.
– Baraga visits Republic-Michigamme.
In girls action last evening…
– The Chassell at Dollar Bay-Tamarack City game was postponed – no make-up date has been announced.
– The Ontonagon at Houghton contest was postponed to February 16th.
– The Hancock at L’Anse game was delayed until February 15th.
– The Escanaba game at Calumet was canceled and may not be made up.
– The Lake Linden-Hubbell match-up at Baraga was postponed to February 23rd.
– The Jeffers game at Wakefield-Marenisco was canceled, and may not be rescheduled.
– No information was received about the Ewen-Trout Creek game against Watersmeet.
On the girls schedule tonight…
– Ewen-Trout Creek plays at Dollar Bay-Tamarack City to make up a game from January 31st. Varsity tip-off is at 6:00.
The Finlandia University men’s hockey team skates at Saint Norbert tonight in De Pere. The Lions will host Saint Norbert tomorrow night. Pregame coverage begins at 6:40 on 99.3 The Lift and 993TheLift.com. Any standings point earned by the Lions this weekend would guarantee them a berth in the Northern Collegiate Hockey Association playoffs.
The Lions women’s hockey squad will host Concordia-Wisconsin today at 3:00, and tomorrow at 2:30 at the Houghton County Arena.
The Finlandia women’s basketball team visits Great Lakes Christian College in Lansing tomorrow afternoon.
The Finlandia men’s basketball team entertains Gogebic Community College tomorrow afternoon at 3:00 at the Paavo Nurmi Center.
The Michigan Tech women’s basketball team raced out to an early lead, and defeated Northwood University 70-40 last night. The Huskies held the Timberwolves to just six points in the first quarter, and six in the third quarter. Abbie Botz led Tech with 17 points.
The Tech men’s squad lost to Northwood 83-73 last night. Owen White scored a season-best 17 points for the Huskies.
Both Tech teams entertain Saginaw Valley State University tomorrow. The women tip off at noon, and the men at 2:00.
The Michigan Tech hockey team will welcome sixth-ranked Minnesota State for the annual Winter Carnival series. Games begin tonight at 7:07, and tomorrow at 5:07 at the John MacInnes Student Ice Arena.
The Northern Michigan hockey squad will skate at Alabama-Huntsville tonight and tomorrow night.
The Calumet Wolverines visit the Marquette Mutineers tonight.
The Portage Lake Pioneers have the weekend off.
The Detroit Red Wings lost 4-3 to the Vegas Golden Knights last night. Gustav Nyquist, Michael Rasmussen and Thomas Vanek scored for Detroit, and Jimmy Howard made 28 saves. The Wings visit the Buffalo Sabres tomorrow afternoon. Pregame coverage will start at 12:40 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Pistons will host the New York Knicks tonight. Pregame coverage begins at 6:35 on 99.3 The Lift.
Detroit’s Blake Griffin has been selected to play in the NBA All-Star game.
Email sports stories and game results to email@example.com.