SPRING LOAD RESTRICTIONS WILL GO INTO EFFECT AS FOLLOWS:
BARAGA, HOUGHTON, KEWEENEW, and ONTONAGON COUNTIES – 8:00 a.m., Thursday, March 14, 2019
This will remain in effect from Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 8 a.m. until further notice. Subject to change based on weather and road conditions
Maximum legal axle loads will be reduced to 65% of normal loads as prescribed by the Michigan Vehicle Code 257.722(e).
Examples of loads for vehicles with one steering axle are:
MAXIMUM GROSS WEIGHT
Truck Type___________________________Gross Weight
With 13.00 Front Tires
Single axle____________________________3,400 lbs.
Tandem axle__________________________32,500 lbs.
TRACTOR TRAILER TYPES
Tractor with No. No. of Gross Weight of Rear Axles Trailer Axles with 13.00 Front Tires
1 1 35,100 lbs.
1 2 44,200 lbs.
2 2 53,300 lbs.
1. NO INDIVIDUAL LOAD LIMIT SIGNS WILL BE POSTED ON COUNTY ROADS. SPRING WEIGHT RESTRICTIONS WILL BE ENFORCED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
2. Maximum allowable gross weight will decrease slightly with narrower front tires.
3. All rear axle combinations are assumed to be spaced over 3’6″ but not over 9’0″ center to center.
4. For examples not shown, please inquire at the Road Commission office. Baraga County at 906-524-7270, Houghton County at 906-482-3600, Keweenaw County at 906-337-1610, Ontonagon County at 906-884-2332.
5. Weight restrictions will be enforced by a certified Weighmaster and standardized truck scales seven days a week.
HOUGHTON COUNTY ROAD COMMISSION
Kevin P. Harju, Engineer
KEWEENAW COUNTY ROAD COMMISSION
Gregg Patrick, Engineer
ONTONAGON COUNTY ROAD COMMISSION
Michael Maloney, Engineer
BARAGA COUNTY ROAD COMMISSION
Douglas Mills, Engineer