A second Michigander has died from the mysterious outbreak of lung injuries related to vaping.
News of the death of an adult male was released last week. Because of medical privacy issues, no other details have been made public.
56 cases of the lung ailment have been reported in Michigan. 2,290 have been confirmed nationwide, with at least 48 deaths.
Many of those afflicted used vape products that contain THC – the active ingredient in marijuana – but not all.
Michigan officials are recommending that “individuals should consider refraining from use of all e-cigarette or vaping products” while the investigation continues, and that vaping products containing THC should not be used at all.