Slow Pitch Softball
In Copper Country Slow Pitch Softball League play tonight…
• At Miller Memorial Field in Laurium, Bucko’s/Labatts faces Sayen’s Auto/Coca Cola at 6:30, and Pat’s Foods/Buckos at 7:30.
• At the Hancock Driving Park, Koppers takes on McGann’s/Northern Auto at 6:30, and Auto Pro/Thermoanalytics at 7:30.
The Bucks and Suns open the NBA championship series tomorrow night in Phoenix..
In the Stanley Cup championship series, the Lightning could complete a sweep of the Canadiens in Montreal tonight. Tampa Bay leads the series 3-0.
The Detroit Tigers held off the Chicago White Sox 6-5 yesterday. Detroit built an early lead, with help from RBI doubles from Akil Baddoo and Jeimer Candelario, and RBI singles from Harold Castro and Eric Haase. Starter Matt Manning left after allowing two runs in the third. Four relievers held the Sox at bay until José Abreu blasted a three-run homer off Gregory Soto in the ninth. José Cisnero retired the final batter to earn the save. Tyler Alexander got the win.
The Tigers open a series at Texas tonight. Wily Peralta will start against Kolby Allard. Coverage begins at 7:45 on 99.3 The Lift.
The home run Soto allowed came after he learned that he will be Detroit’s only representative on the American League All-Star team this year.
The Milwaukee Brewers’ 11-game win streak ended with a 2-0 loss to the Pittsburgh Pirates yesterday. Each team collected just four hits. Pittsburgh’s included a solo home run by Kevin Newman in the first inning, and an RBI double by Wilmer Difo in the sixth. Freddy Peralta was charged with both runs, and took the tough loss.
The Brewers visit the New York Mets tonight. Brandon Woodruff will pitch against Tylor Megill.
Milwaukee placed three players on the National League All-Star team – pitchers Josh Hader, Brandon Woodruff and Corbin Burnes.
In Copper Country Horseshoe League play tonight…
• Dreamland Two faces Harter’s Party Store at the Dreamland Bar.
• Calumet Electronics meets Bucko’s at the Drift Inn.
• Rocky’s takes on Dreamland One at Rocky’s Bar.
• Ahmeek Fire Department hosts Drift Inn at Ahmeek Park.
• Calumet One meets L and L at the Calumet Dam.
• Loading Zone plays 41 Lumber at the Gipp Recreation Area.
Email sports news and scores to email@example.com.