In boys high school basketball tonight…
• Dollar Bay-Tamarack City hosts Republic-Michigamme.
• Ewen-Trout Creek travels to Hurley.
On the girls schedule…
• Houghton visits Westwood.
• Calumet travels to Hancock. Coverage will begin around 7:00 on the voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Chassell tips off at L’Anse
• Jeffers hosts Ontonagon.
In boys-girls doubleheaders…
• Lake Linden-Hubbell plays at Baraga – the girls at 5:45, and the boys at 7:15.
The Michigan Tech Nordic ski team claimed a victory at its own invitational over the weekend. The women’s team won both the classic and freestyle competitions, and the men took the freestyle, and placed second in the classic. In the freestyle competition Saturday, Tech’s Anabel Needham won the 10K women’s event, with Henriette Semb of the Huskies in second place. Yesterday at the classic competition, Semb took first, with Needham second. On the men’s side, Northern’s Kjetil Banerud won both races. See full results from the weekend, including youth races, here.
The Detroit Red Wings entertain the Anaheim Ducks tonight. Coverage begins at 7:15 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Pistons snapped their four-game losing streak with a 115-105 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers last evening. Cade Cunningham led Detroit with a triple-double – 19 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists.
The Pistons host the New Orleans Pelicans tomorrow. Coverage will begin at 6:35 on 99.3 The Lift.
Matthew Stafford and the Los Angeles Rams will face the Cincinnati Bengals in the Super Bowl.
The Rams claimed the NFC title yesterday with a 20-17 victory over the San Francisco 49ers. Stafford threw two touchdown passes, and Travin Howard intercepted a Jimmy Garoppolo pass in the closing minutes to seal the win.
The Bengals overcame an 18-point deficit to stun the Kansas City Chiefs 27-24 in overtime. Evan McPherson’s 31-yard field goal was the game-winner.
The Super Bowl will be played February 13th. Hear the broadcast on 99.3 The Lift.
Local Sports Broadcasts
• Tonight – girls basketball – Calumet at Hancock – 7:00 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Tomorrow – boys basketball – Houghton at Ishpeming – 7:00 pregame on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Friday – Trenton Showcase hockey – Calumet v St. Ignatius – 11:15 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Friday – Trenton Showcase hockey – Hancock v East Grand Rapids – 11:15 – pregame on 97.7 The Wolf.
• Friday – Trenton Showcase hockey – Houghton v Brighton – 6:00 pregame on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Saturday – Trenton Showcase hockey – Houghton v Orchard Lake St. Mary – 10:10 pregame on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Saturday – Trenton Showcase hockey – Calumet v Grosse Pointe South – 11:30 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.