The U.P. High School All Star Football Game will be played today at the Superior Dome.
Teams are not divided geographically, but instead are split into Red and Black squads. Only graduating seniors are invited to play.
Local members of the Black team include:
• Carter Kilpela, Dryden Nelson, Lenny Bjorn and Paul Sturos from Calumet,
• Marcus Sutherland and Ben Tampas from Lake Linden-Hubbell,
• Dysean Allen and Eli Ostermeyer from L’Anse,
• Chance Bridgers from Hancock,
• Kaiden Zapolnik from Houghton, and
• Eric Abramson from Ontonagon.
Local Red team members include:
• Kip Kangas from Calumet,
• Troy Corrigan from Lake Linden-Hubbell, and
• Jaden Borseth from Ewen-Trout Creek.
Twilight League Baseball
The Twilight Baseball League will host its annual Leo Durocher Memorial Tournament this weekend. All games will be played at the Stanton Field.
Weather permitting, action begins today…
• REL-Mohawk Technology plays Garnet Garage at 11:00.
• Craig Heinonen Coldwell Banker takes on Northern Driveline at 1:30.
• Garnet Garage plays Channing at 4:00.
• Northern Driveline faces Houghton Building Supply-Stanton at 6:30.
• Channing meets REL-Mohawk Technology at 11:00.
• Craig Heinonen Coldwell Banker takes on Houghton Building Supply-Stanton at 1:30.
• The championship game will start at 4:30.
The Finlandia University men’s hockey team has added a new recruit. Tynan Peacock is from Lake Stevens, Washington. He was a co-captain for the Campbell River Storm in the Vancouver Island Junior Hockey League last season.
Ondrej Palat’s late goal lifted the Lightning to a 3-2 victory over the Avalanche last night. Colorado leads the Stanley Cup championship 3-2., with game six set for tomorrow in Tampa.
Javier Báez’ grand slam powered the Tigers to a 5-1 win over the Diamondbacks last night. Rony García pitched into the sixth, gave up a run on three hits, and earned the win.
The Tigers play at Arizona again tonight. Alex Faedo will pitch against Zach Davies. Coverage will begin at 9:50 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Blue Jays rocked Adrian Houser for five runs in the second inning, and cruised to a 9-4 victory over the Brewers last night. Tyrone Taylor homered.
The Brewers host the Jays again this afternoon. Corbin Burnes will start against Yusei Kikuchi.