Twilight League Baseball
In Copper Country Twilight League baseball tonight…
• At the Hancock Driving Park, Houghton Building Supply-Stanton faces REL-Mohawk Technology.
• At the Stanton field, Garnet Garage plays Northern Driveline.
Slow Pitch Softball
In Copper Country Slow Pitch Softball League play last evening…
• Downtowner Two outscored Sayen’s Auto/Coca Cola 34-27. The result of Sayen’s game against Auto Pro/Thermoanalytics was not reported.
• Bucko’s/Labatts defeated Paul Hyrkas Construction 24-21, then lost to McGann’s/Northern Auto 33-6.
Fast Pitch Softball
Both of last night’s Copper Country Women’s Fast Pitch Softball League games were postponed because of poor field conditions.
Bay College’s athletic program continues to grow. The Norse are adding a volleyball team, which is scheduled to begin play in the fall of 2022. Norse Athletic Director Matt Johnson noted the popularity of high school volleyball in the U.P., and said there has been “incredible” interest from prospects. The search is underway for a head coach.
Tonight, the Suns host the Clippers. Phoenix leads the Western Conference finals 1-0.
In the Stanley Cup semifinals last evening, the Lightning buried the Islanders 8-0. Tampa Bay leads that series 3-2.
Tonight, the Golden Knights entertain the Canadiens. That series is tied 2-2.
The Detroit Tigers had yesterday off, and begin a quick home series against the Saint Louis Cardinals tonight. Tarik Skubal will pitch against Johan Oviedo. Coverage will begin at 6:50 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Milwaukee Brewers lost 5-1 to the Arizona Diamondbacks last night. Starting pitcher Brett Anderson gave up five straight singles to open the second inning, then left the game with a sore knee. He’ll be evaluated today.
The Brewers visit the Diamondbacks again tonight. Freddy Peralta will start against Zac Gallen.
Before last night’s game, the Brewers promoted pitcher Jake Cousins from Nashville. To make room for Cousins on the roster, pitcher Zack Godley was designated for assignment.
In Copper Country Horseshoe League play last night…
• Dreamland One blanked Loading Zone 9-0.
• 41 Lumber downed Rocky’s Bar 6-3.
• Calumet One shut out Drift Inn 9-0.
• L and L stopped Ahmeek Fire Department 9-0.
• Harter’s Party Store defeated Calumet Electronics 7-2.
• Dreamland Two got past Bucko’s 6-3.
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.