Daniel Norris pitched five scoreless innings, as the Detroit Tigers edged the Chicago White Sox 4-3 yesterday. Norris allowed just two hits, and struck out six, in his first start of the season. All three of Chicago’s runs came in the eighth inning of Blaine Hardy and Victor Alcántara. The Tigers scored single runs in the second, fourth and sixth innings. Gordon Beckham’s solo home run in the seventh provided the winning margin.
The Tigers visit the Boston Red Sox tonight. Matthew Boyd will start against Chris Sale. Because of Pistons basketball on 99.3 The Lift, Tigers coverage will begin at 6:45 on KBear102.3.
A late comeback fell short, as the Milwaukee Brewers lost 6-5 to the Los Angeles Dodgers yesterday. L-A scored five runs off Brandon Woodruff over the first four innings. Milwaukee got two back in the fifth on a Lorenzo Cain home run, then tied the contest in the eighth on a three-run shot by Eric Thames. Cody Bellinger’s homer off Josh Hader in the ninth inning won the game for the Dodgers.
The Brewers open a series in Saint Louis against the Cardinals tonight. Adrian Houser will make his first major league start for Milwaukee. Jack Flaherty will counter for the Cards.
In the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs yesterday…
– The Boston Bruins defeated the Toronto Maple Leafs 4-2.
– The San Jose Sharks edged the Vegas Golden Knights 2-1 in double overtime.
Both of those series are tied at three wins per team.
On tonight’s schedule…
– The Washington Capitals visit the Carolina Hurricanes. The Caps lead that series 3-2.
– The Nashville Predators visit the Dallas Stars. The Stars are up 3-2 in that set.
In NBA playoff action last night…
– The Golden State Warrior downed the Los Angeles Clippers 113-105. Golden State leads that series 3-1.
– The Toronto Raptors shut down the Orlando Magic 107-85. Toronto is up 3-1 in that series.
– The Portland Trail Blazers defeated the Oklahoma City Thunder 111-98. The Blazers lead that set 3-1.
On the schedule tonight…
– The Detroit Pistons host the Milwaukee Bucks. Detroit trails the opening round series 3-0, and would be eliminated with a loss tonight. Blake Griffin is considered “probable” for the game, with a sore knee. Pregame coverage will begin at 7:35 on 99.3 The Lift.
– The Houston Rockets visit the Utah Jazz. The Rockets lead that series 3-0.
The Finlandia University baseball team will play a doubleheader at Northland College this afternoon.
The Lions softball team will play two at Bay College this afternoon.
Email sports stories and game results to firstname.lastname@example.org.