In high school boys basketball last night…
• Dollar Bay-Tamarack City shut down Hancock 55-33. Connor LeClaire scored 21 points for the Blue Bolts, who remain undefeated.
In girls action…
• Westwood shaded Hancock 25-23. The Bulldogs’ only scoring in the first half was five free throws.
On the boys schedule tonight…
• Houghton hosts Kingsford.
• Calumet welcomes Westwood.
In girls action tonight…
• Houghton visits Marquette.
• Hancock travels to Westwood.
• Calumet journeys to West Iron County.
• Lake Linden-Hubbell plays Ontonagon.
In girls-boys doubleheaders, with games beginning at 5:45…
• Chassell tips off at Bessemer.
• Baraga hosts Ewen-Trout Creek.
• Jeffers entertains L’Anse. Coverage of both games begins at 5:30 on 97.7 The Wolf and TheWolf.com.
In high school hockey tonight…
• Houghton welcomes Marquette.
• Calumet entertains Kingsford. Coverage begins at 5:40 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
In high school swimming today…
• Houghton hosts Ishpeming.
The Northern Michigan University hockey team exploded for four goals in the first period, and went on to an 8-2 victory over Alabama-Huntsville last night. AJ VanderBeck scored twice, and David Keefer had three assists.
The Western Collegiate Hockey Association has announced its post-season schedule. The top four teams in the league will host best-of-three quarterfinal series the weekend of March 12th. Single-game semifinals and a single championship game will be held the following weekend, hosted by the highest remaining seed.
The Detroit Red Wings lost 2-0 to the Chicago Blackhawks last night. Jonathan Bernier stopped 24 of 25 shots. The Hawks’ final goal was a late empty-netter.
The Wings entertain the Florida Panthers tomorrow. Coverage begins at 6:45 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Pistons couldn’t hold an early 25 point lead, and fell to the Chicago Bulls 105-102 last night. The loss spoiled a career-best 43-point night for Jerami Grant.
The Pistons visit the Memphis Grizzlies tomorrow.
Our Finlandia University broadcasts continue Saturday, when the Lions men’s hockey team entertains Saint Scholastica. Coverage will start at 6:40 on 99.3 The Lift and 993TheLift.com.
Email sports news and scores to email@example.com.