In high school hockey last evening, Hancock outshot Negaunee 47-14, but had to go to overtime to pull out a 5-4 victory.
Tonight, Houghton entertains Escanaba. Our broadcast will begin at 6:40 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
– Calumet welcomes Escanaba. Our broadcast will begin at 12:40 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
– Jeffers visits Rhinelander.
In boys basketball last night…
– Calumet downed Hancock 65-54.
– Houghton fell to Escanaba 71-67. Brad Simonson led the Gremlins with 41 points.
– Lake Linden-Hubbell outscored Baraga 77-52. Lake Linden’s William Lyons led all scorers with 23.
– Jeffers lost to Ontonagon 61-48.
– Chassell defeated Ewen-Trout Creek 68-59.
– L’Anse lost to Bessemer 51-40.
In girls hoops tonight…
– The Calumet-Gwinn game has been postponed, as the Modeltowners mourn the death of football coach Dion Brown Wednesday night. No make-up date has been announced.
– Hancock entertains Iron Mountain.
– Houghton journeys to West Iron County.
– Lake Linden-Hubbell travels to Wakefield-Marenisco
– Dollar Bay-Tamarack City tips off at Republic-Michigamme.
– Jeffers entertains Baraga.
– L’Anse plays at Ewen-Trout Creek.
– Ontonagon visits Bessemer
Both Houghton High School swim teams lost at Marquette yesterday – the girls 144-39, and the boys 120-62. Individual winners for the Gremlins included Samuel Fang in the 100 breaststroke, Archer Olson in the 500 freestyle, and Tyler Romps in diving. See full results here.
Western Collegiate Hockey Association
The Michigan Tech hockey team welcomes Ferris State University for games tonight at 7:07, and tomorrow at 6:07.
The Northern Michigan University hockey team skates at Alaska-Fairbanks this weekend.
Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
Both Michigan Tech basketball teams lost at Grand Valley State last night...
– The women fell 70-44. No Husky reached double figures in scoring.
– The men dropped a tight 95-93 decision in overtime. Kyle Monroe scored a career-best 53 points.
Both Huskies teams visit Davenport University tomorrow.
Both NMU teams visit Grand Valley tomorrow.
The Finlandia University women’s hockey team will host Adrian College this afternoon at 4:00, and tomorrow afternoon at 3:00.
The men’s hockey team skates at Saint Norbert tonight and tomorrow.
Both Finlandia basketball teams play at Bay College tomorrow. The women’s game begins at 1:00, and the men’s contest at 3:00. Listen to streamed coverage of the games here.
Because of the NHL All-Star break, the Detroit Red Wings are off until they visit the New York Rangers a week from tonight. Coverage begins at 6:40 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Pistons host the Memphis Grizzlies tonight. Coverage begins at 6:35 on 993.The Lift.
Email sports news and game results to firstname.lastname@example.org.