In high school hockey last night…
• Houghton cruised past Kingsford 8-2.
In hockey tonight…
• Houghton entertains Grandville. Coverage begins at 6:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
In hockey tomorrow…
• Calumet visits Escanaba. Coverage will begin at 2:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Hancock hosts Grandville in a 2:15 contest.
• Jeffers faces Gaylord in a game that will be played at Marquette.
In boys basketball last evening…
• Calumet outscored Hancock 50-33. Lyle Poyhonen scored 12 for the Copper Kings, and Dryden Nelson added 11. Alex Pietila led the Bulldogs with 10 points.
• Lake Linden-Hubbell fell to Bessemer 56-46. Marcus Sutherland scored 16 points for the Lakes.
• Jeffers dropped a 39-37 squeaker to Ewen-Trout Creek.
• The Dollar Bay-Tamarack City game at Ironwood was postponed – no make-up date has been provided.
• The Baraga-Ontonagon game was postponed. No make-up date has been provided.
In girls action last night…
• Houghton overpowered West Iron County 73-47. Stella Wickstrom and Meghan Trewhella each scored 16 for the Gremlins, and Annika Peterson added 11. Danica Shamion had 17 for the Wykons.
• Jeffers lost at Ewen-Trout Creek 45-28. Sara Johnson scored 21 for the Jets. Kate Borseth had 20 for the Panthers.
• The Lake Linden-Hubbell girls game at Bessemer was postponed. No make-up date has been scheduled.
In girls basketball tonight…
• Calumet hosts Gwinn.
• Hancock welcomes Iron Mountain.
• Lake Linden-Hubbell plays at Bessemer.
• Dollar Bay-Tamarack City travels to Ironwood.
• Baraga entertains Ontonagon.
In doubleheader action…
• Both L’Anse teams play at Wakefield-Marenisco, starting with the girls at 6:00.
In boys play tomorrow…
• Lake Linden-Hubbell hosts Ontonagon, in a game that was rescheduled from Monday. The JV contest will start at 1:00, with the varsity around 2:30.
Both Michigan Tech basketball teams lost close games to Grand Valley State last evening…
• The women’s team fell 74-70 in overtime to the 12th-ranked Lakers. Emily Spitzley’s three-pointer at the end of regulation for GVSU forced the extra period. Ellie Mackay led the Huskies with 25 points.
• The men’s team dropped an 80-74 decision to the Lakers. Carter Johnston and Eric Carl each scored 15 points for the Huskies.
Both Tech teams will host Davenport University tomorrow. The women’s game will tip off at noon, and the men’s at 2:00.
Both Wildcats teams will host Grand Valley State tomorrow.
Both Finlandia basketball teams will play at Maranatha Baptist tomorrow. The women’s team will visit Mount Mary on Sunday.
The Michigan Tech hockey team will play a home-and-home series against Northern Michigan this weekend. Tonight’s contest that was to have been played in Marquette has been postponed to Sunday. Tomorrow’s game will begin at 6:07 at the John MacInnes Student Ice Arena.
The Finlandia women’s hockey team hosts Adrian College this afternoon at 2:00 and tomorrow morning at 11:30. Coverage of today’s game will begin at 1:40 on the Voice of the Lions, 99.3 The Lift.
The Finlandia men’s hockey team skates at Lawrence University tomorrow and Sunday.
The Detroit Red Wings will return to the ice tonight at home against the Dallas Stars. Coverage will begin at 7:15 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Pistons will visit the Utah Jazz this evening.
In the Divisional round of the NFL playoffs this weekend…
• Tomorrow, the Cincinnati Bengals visit the Tennessee Titans for a 4:30 game, and the Green Bay Packers entertain the San Francisco 49ers in an 8:15 contest.
• Sunday, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers host the Los Angeles Rams in a 3:00 game, and the Buffalo Bills visit the Kansas City Chiefs for a 6:30 matchup.
Hear all of the NFL playoff games, including the Super Bowl, on 99.3 The Lift.
The Packers have activated receiver Randall Cobb off the injured list. He had missed two months following core muscle surgery.
Local Sports Broadcasts
• Today – women’s hockey – Adrian at Finlandia – 1:40 pregame on the Voice of the Lions, 99.3 The Lift.
• Tonight – hockey – Grandville at Houghton – 6:40 pregame on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Tomorrow – hockey – Calumet at Escanaba – 2:40 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Monday – girls basketball – Marquette at Calumet – 7:00 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Tuesday – hockey – Negaunee at Calumet – 5:40 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Thursday – boys basketball – Calumet at Houghton – 7:00 pregame on 97.7 The Wolf.
Email sports news and scores to email@example.com.