In high school boys basketball last night…
– Houghton fell to Negaunee 49-32.
– Jeffers routed Baraga 68-25.
– Ontonagon lost a thriller to Watersmeet 60-59.
– Dollar Bay-Tamarack City remained unbeaten by defeating Lake Linden-Hubbell 70-45.
In girls hoops action last night…
– Calumet lost to Westwood 59-45. Elli Djerf scored 18 for the Copper Kings, and Marybeth Halonen added 10.
– Hancock edged Ishpeming 36-33.
– L’Anse fell to Ewen-Trout Creek 61-53.
On the girls schedule tonight…
– Houghton plays at Lake Linden-Hubbell.
– Dollar Bay-Tamarack City visits Wakefield-Marenisco.
– Jeffers hosts Ontonagon.
– Chassell journeys to Bessemer.
– Baraga tips off at Watersmeet.
In high school hockey tonight…
– Calumet welcomes Northville. Our broadcast will begin at 6:40 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
– Hancock entertains Novi.
In hockey tomorrow…
– Houghton welcomes Novi. Our broadcast will begin around 12:40 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
– Hancock entertains Northville at 2:00.
In high school swimming, both Houghton teams pulled out narrow victories over Kingsford yesterday – the girls 89-80, and the boys 89-83. Among the individual winners for the girls – Eva Anderson in the 100 backstroke, and Leah Komarzec in the 100 breaststroke. For the boys – Connor Holombo in the 50 100 freestyle, Archer Olson in the 100 butterfly, and Davin Evans in the 100 breaststroke.
Houghton will compete at the Marquette Invitational tomorrow.
Western Collegiate Hockey Association
The Michigan Tech hockey team will entertain Bowling Green tonight at 7:07, and tomorrow night at 6:07.
The Northern Michigan hockey squad hosts Alaska-Anchorage tonight and tomorrow night.
Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
The Michigan Tech women’s basketball team lost 81-73 at Wisconsin-Parkside last evening. The Huskies worked their way back from a nine-point halftime deficit, but couldn’t close out the comeback. Ellie Mackay scored 21 points.
The Tech men’s team lost to Parkside 69-56. Owen White led the Huskies with 20 points.
Both Tech teams play at Purdue Northwest tomorrow.
Both Wildcats teams play at Wisconsin-Parkside tomorrow.
The Finlandia women’s basketball team shut down Great Lakes Christian 82-27 last evening. Katie Lundeen led the Lions with 18 points. Every player on the Finlandia roster scored at least three points.
The Lions women’s hockey team will skate at Saint Benedict tonight and tomorrow.
The Finlandia men’s hockey team plays at Lake Forest tonight and tomorrow.
Great Lakes Hockey League
The Portage Lake Pioneers visit the Eagle River Falcons tomorrow night.
The Calumet Wolverines face the Papermakers in Mosinee tomorrow evening.
The Detroit Red Wings entertain the Ottawa Senators tonight. Coverage will begin at 7:10 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Pistons fell to the Cleveland Cavaliers 115-112 in overtime last night. Andre Drummond had 28 points and 23 rebounds.
The Pistons host the Chicago Bulls tomorrow night.
In the NFL playoffs this weekend…
– Tomorrow, the Vikings play at San Francisco at 4:35, and the Titans kick off at Baltimore at 8:15.
– Sunday, the Texans visit Kansas City at 3:05, and the Packers host the Seahawks at 6:40.
Hear all of the NFL playoff games on 99.3 The Lift.
Email sports news and game results to firstname.lastname@example.org.