The Detroit Tigers were snowed out in Minnesota last night. That game has been rescheduled to May 11th, as part of a day/night doubleheader.
The Tigers are scheduled to face the Twins this afternoon. Tyson Ross will start against Michael Pineda. Pregame coverage will begin at 1:45 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Milwaukee Brewers ended their three-game losing streak with an 8-5 come-from-behind victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers last night. All of L-A’s runs came in the first five innings, as Milwaukee starter Corbin Burnes gave up three home runs for the third straight game. Former Dodger Yasmani Grandal led the Brewers’ comeback with three hits, including a home run. Hernán Pérez also homered.
The Brewers continue that series against the Dodgers in Los Angeles tonight. Zach Davies will pitch against Caleb Ferguson.
In the opening round of the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs last night…
– The Columbus Blue Jackets defeated the Tampa Bay Lightning 5-1. Columbus leads that series 2-0.
– The New York Islanders downed the Pittsburgh Penguins 3-1. New York is up 2-0 in that set.
– The Saint Louis Blues edged the Winnipeg Jets 4-3 to take a 2-0 series lead.
– The Vegas Golden Knights got past the San Jose Sharks 5-3 to tie that set at one win per team.
On today’s schedule…
– The Carolina Hurricanes visit the Washington Capitals. Washington leads that series 1-0.
– The Nashville Predators host the Dallas Stars. Dallas has a 1-0 lead in that series.
– The Toronto Maple Leafs face the Bruins in Boston. The Leafs lead that set 1-0.
– The Colorado Avalanche visit the Calgary Flames. Calgary holds a 1-0 lead in that series.
The NBA playoffs begin today…
– The Brooklyn Nets visit the Philadelphia 76ers.
– The Orlando Magic face the Raptors in Toronto.
– The Los Angeles Clippers visit the Golden State Warriors.
– The San Antonio Spurs play the Nuggets in Denver.
The Detroit Pistons begin the playoffs tomorrow night against the Bucks in Milwaukee. Pregame coverage will begin at 6:35 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Finlandia University baseball team was scheduled to play doubleheaders at Wisconsin-Stevens Point today and tomorrow. That series has been backed off to tomorrow and Monday, and has been moved to the Woodside Sports Complex in Mauston because of snow.
The Finlandia softball team will play two games at Bay College tomorrow afternoon.
Former Baraga High School standout Martina Jahfetson will play college basketball at Finlandia. Jahfetson was this year’s Copper Mountain Conference Most Valuable Player, and led the Vikings to the state tournament quarterfinals.
Minnesota-Duluth and Massachusetts will face off in the Division One NCAA hockey tournament championship game tonight at 8:00 in Buffalo. Hear the broadcast on 99.3 The Lift.
Green Bay Packers great Forrest Gregg has died. Gregg anchored the offensive line for the powerhouse teams of the 1960s. He was named to the Pro Bowl nine times, and elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1977. He went on to coach the Packers, as well as the Cincinnati Bengals and the Cleveland Browns. Gregg was 85 years old, and had been battling Parkinson’s Disease.
Email sports stories and game results to email@example.com.