In high school boys basketball last night…
– Calumet edged Houghton 46-45. Matt Ojala scored 27 for the Copper Kings.
– Dollar Bay-Tamarack City v Watersmeet – no report.
– Ontonagon v Wakefield-Marenisco – no report.
In boys action this evening…
– Hancock entertains L’Anse.
– Lake Linden-Hubbell welcomes Bessemer.
– Dollar Bay-Tamarack City hosts Baraga.
– Jeffers travels to Ewen-Trout Creek.
– Chassell entertains Republic-Michigamme.
In girls hoops last night…
– Calumet defeated L’Anse 66-47. Lizzie Torola scored 12 for the Copper Kings, and Elli Djerf and Jana Loukus each added 10. Addison Mattson had 13 points for the Purple Hornets.
– The Chassell at Lake Linden-Hubbell was postponed – no make-up date has been announced.
– The Ewen-Trout Creek game at Dollar Bay-Tamarack City was postponed – no make-up date has been announced.
– The Baraga game at Jeffers was postponed – no make-up date has been announced.
– The Houghton game at Escanaba was postponed, and will be played tonight.
Also on the girls schedule tonight, Ontonagon entertains Watersmeet.
In high school hockey, Calumet, Houghton and Hancock compete at the Trenton Showcase this weekend…
– Hancock will face Grand Rapids Christian this afternoon. Our pregame coverage will begin around 11:50 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com. The Bulldogs will face Livonia Churchill tomorrow morning at 8:00.
– Calumet will meet Livonia Stevenson this afternoon. Our pregame coverage will begin around 4:00 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com. The Copper Kings will play Hartland tomorrow morning at 8:20.
– Houghton will open against Cranbrook this afternoon at 4:00. The Gremlins will face Warren De La Salle tomorrow morning. Our pregame coverage will begin around 8:20 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
Jeffers skates at Petoskey tonight, and Cheboygan tomorrow.
In high school swimming, yesterday’s Houghton meet against Kingsford will be made up today.
The Finlandia University men’s hockey team skates at Northland College tonight, and at the College of Saint Scholastica tomorrow night.
The Finlandia women’s hockey team visits Saint Scholastica for games tonight and tomorrow afternoon.
Both Lions basketball teams are off this weekend.
The Michigan Tech women’s basketball team used a strong fourth quarter to nail down a 67-49 victory over Purdue Northwest last evening. The Huskies outscored the Pride 23-9 in the final frame. Elizabeth Kelliher led Tech with 21 points.
The Tech men’s team trailed by 18 shortly after halftime, but exploded for 52 points in the second half, and earned a 75-67 come-from-behind win over Purdue Northwest. Bryan Heath had 17 points for the Huskies.
Both Tech teams will play at Wisconsin-Parkside tomorrow afternoon.
Both Northern Michigan University hoops teams lost at Wisconsin-Parkside last night. The women fell 72-64. The men dropped a 71-65 overtime decision. Both Wildcats teams will visit Purdue Northwest tomorrow.
The Michigan Tech hockey team has the weekend off.
The NMU hockey team entertains Bowling Green State University tonight and tomorrow night.
The Calumet Wolverines host the Fond du Lac Bears tonight at 7:30 at the Colosseum. The Wolverines will entertain the Eagle River Falcons tomorrow night at 7:30.
The Portage Lake Pioneers will welcome Fond du Lac tomorrow at 7:30 at Dee Stadium.
The Detroit Pistons eked out a 93-89 comeback win over the Dallas Mavericks last night. Dallas took the floor without four starters – one injured, and three on their way to New York after yesterday’s trade for Kristaps Porzingis. Blake Griffin scored 24 for Detroit, and Andre Drummond grabbed 20 rebounds. The Pistons entertain the Los Angeles Clippers tomorrow. Pregame coverage begins at 4:35 on 99.3 The Lift.
Griffin was named to the NBA Eastern Conference All-Star Team yesterday.
The Detroit Red Wings return from the NHL All-Star break tonight, when they entertain the Toronto Maple Leafs. Pregame coverage will start at 7:10 on 99.3 The Lift.
The New England Patriots and the Los Angeles Rams will meet in the Super Bowl Sunday at 6:30. Hear the broadcast on 99.3 The Lift.
Email sports stories and game results to firstname.lastname@example.org.