Click on the highlighted scores for additional game details.
In the high school volleyball tournament…
• In Division Four, Jeffers will host Dollar Bay-Tamarack City in a district title match tonight. The winner will face Ironwood in the regional semifinal Tuesday at Baraga. Ironwood defeated Ewen-Trout Creek 3-0 to claim its district title last night.
• In Division Three, Calumet swept Hancock 3-0 (25-16, 25-14, 25-18) last night to win the district title. Helen Beiring had 18 kills and 15 digs. Laina Kariniemi had 37 assists, and Kaylie Halonen had 19 digs. The Copper Kings will face the winner of tonight’s game between Bark River-Harris and Manistique in the regional semifinal Tuesday at 6:00 at Westwood. Coverage will begin at 5:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• In Division Two, Houghton fell to Kingsford 3-2 in the district title match last evening.
The Lake Linden-Hubbell football team plays at North Central tonight at 7:00 in an eight-player Division Two regional title game.
In other games involving U.P. teams…
• In eight-player Division One, Munising plays at Newberry in a regional championship match.
In 11-player football district finals involving U.P. teams…
• In Division Eight, Bark River-Harris plays at Iron Mountain.
• In Division Six, Menominee plays at Negaunee.
• In Division Five, Kingsford travels to Gladwin.
The Finlandia women’s soccer team ended its season with a 3-0 loss to Mary Washington in the quarterfinals of the Coast to Coast Athletic Conference tournament yesterday.
The Michigan Tech men’s team fell at Wisconsin-Green Bay 72-66 in an exhibition game last evening. Marcus Tomashek scored 21 for the Huskies.
Michigan Tech plays at Hillsdale tomorrow.
Northern Michigan hosts Saginaw Valley State.
Finlandia concludes its season at Greenville University in Illinois.
MTU skates at Bowling Green tonight and tomorrow night.
NMU visits Lake Superior State tonight and tomorrow.
The Finlandia women’s team hosts Concordia-Moorhead tonight at 7:15, and tomorrow at 4:00.
Michigan Tech entertains Parkside tonight at 6:00, and Purdue Northwest tomorrow at 4:00.
Finlandia’s Joslynn Perala has been named to the All Coast-to-Coast Conference Second Team for volleyball. She’s a Lake Linden-Hubbell alum.
The Portage Lake Pioneers and the Calumet Wolverines will play a home-and-home series this weekend. Faceoffs are at 7:30 tonight at the Colosseum, and tomorrow at Dee Stadium.
The Red Wings claimed a 3-1 victory over the Capitals last night. Lucas Raymond, Andrew Copp and Dylan Larkin scored for Detroit. Ville Husse stopped 33 shots. Alex Ovechkin scored his 786th career goal for Washington, tying him with Gordie Howe for the most career goals scored by an NHL player with a single team.
The Wings visit the Kings tomorrow. Coverage will begin at 10:15 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Pistons host the Cavaliers tonight. Coverage will begin at 6:35 on 99.3 The Lift.
At the World Series, the Astros edged the Phillies 3-2 last evening. Houston leads the fall classic 3-2, and will host game six tomorrow.
In last night’s game, the Eagles remained unbeaten with a 29-16 victory over the Texans.
• The Lions host the Packers in a 1:00 game on 99.3 The Lift.
Upcoming local sports broadcasts:
- Tuesday – Calumet volleyball faces either Bark River-Harris or Manistique in a regional semifinal at Westwood. Coverage will begin at 5:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and results to email@example.com.