Click on the highlighted scores for more game details.
In boys hoops last evening…
– Calumet edged Ewen-Trout Creek 53-49. Jake Witt had 24 points and 20 rebounds for the Panthers.
– Hancock cruised past Lake Linden-Hubbell 61-35.
– Dollar Bay-Tamarack City fell to Bessemer 54-50 in overtime. Devin Schmitz and Jaden Janke combined for 40 points for the Blue Bolts.
– Jeffers shut down Wakefield-Marenisco 64-38.
– Chassell cruised past Republic-Michigamme 68-42.
– Baraga fell to Watersmeet 56-43.
– L’Anse lost to Westwood 62-54 in overtime. Logan Fish scored 27 for the Purple Hornets. See highlights from that game here.
In boys play tonight (weather permitting)…
– Houghton welcomes Escanaba.
– L’Anse entertains West Iron County.
In girls action last night, Houghton smothered Gwinn 75-25.
On the girls schedule tonight (weather permitting)…
– Calumet plays at Hancock.
– Lake Linden-Hubbell hosts Ontonagon.
– Baraga visits Chassell.
– Ewen-Trout Creek welcomes Republic-Michigamme.
– Dollar Bay-Tamarack City tips off at Jeffers. Pregame coverage begins around 7:00 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
A schedule note for later this week – the Lake Linden-Hubbell boys basketball game scheduled for Thursday at Calumet has been pushed back until Friday.
Michigan Tech hockey forward Jake Lucchini has been named the Western Collegiate Hockey Association Offensive Player of the Week. Lucchini scored the game-winning goals in both of Tech’s wins over Bowling Green last weekend. Freshman goaltender Angus Redmond has again been named the WCHA Rookie of the Week. Redmond stopped 47 of 49 shots on those two victories, and leads the country with a 1.40 goals-against average.
Brenna Heise of the Michigan Tech women’s basketball team has been chosen as the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference North Division Player of the Week. Heise scored 39 points in the Huskies’ two victories last week.
The Detroit Red Wings will host the Arizona Coyotes tonight. Hear the broadcast on AM 1400 and FM 99.3, WCCY.
The Detroit Pistons visit the Dallas Mavericks tomorrow evening. Hear the broadcast on AM 1400 and FM 99.3, WCCY.
In last night’s NFL game, the New England Patriots locked up their eighth straight AFC East Division championship with a 30-23 victory over the Baltimore Ravens. If you played The Wolf Pro Football Challenge, you must have picked at least 13 games correctly to be eligible to be our weekly winner.
Email sports stories and results to firstname.lastname@example.org.