Yesterday’s storm wiped out last night’s entire slate of high school games.
In high school boys basketball last night…
• Houghton v Hancock – postponed – no make-up date announced.
• Calumet v Lake Linden-Hubbell – postponed – no make-up date announced.
• Baraga v Dollar Bay-Tamarack City – postponed – no make-up date announced.
On the boys’ schedule tonight…
• Lake Linden-Hubbell tips off at Jeffers at 7:15 (following the girls game).
• Ontonagon plays at Ewen-Trout Creek.
On the girls’ schedule last night…
• Ewen-Trout Creek v Watersmeet – postponed – no make-up date announced.
In girls action tonight…
• Houghton entertains West Iron County
• Hancock welcomes Negaunee.
• Lake Linden-Hubbell plays at Jeffers at 5:45 (in advance of the boys game).
• Baraga visits Dollar Bay-Tamarack City.
• Ontonagon plays at Ewen-Trout Creek.
There’ll be two basketball battles of the bay between L’Anse and Baraga tomorrow at L’Anse high school – the girls game will tip off at 2:00, and the boys contest at 3:30.
In high school swimming yesterday, Houghton v Ishpeming – postponed, no make-up date announced.
Houghton will join Sault Ste. Marie in a triangular at Marquette tomorrow.
In high school hockey tonight…
• Calumet is downstate to play at Cranbrook. Coverage begins at 6:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Houghton welcomes Jeffers. Coverage begins at 6:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Hancock skates at Escanaba.
• Calumet plays at Detroit Country Day. Coverage begins at 12:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
The Frozen Cup tournament for Squirt, Peewee and Bantam teams begins this afternoon, with games at Meadowbrook Arena and the Baraga Ice Rink. Spectators are welcome at no charge. See the schedule here.
The Michigan Tech women’s basketball team plays at Drury tomorrow evening, and Lindenwood on Sunday.
The Tech men’s game against Winona State Monday has been canceled because the Warriors are having COVID-19 issues.
The NMU women’s team plays at Illinois-Springfield tomorrow.
The Northern men’s team hosts Indianapolis Sunday.
Both Finlandia teams will face Martin Luther College Sunday. The games will be played in Wisconsin Dells.
The Calumet Wolverines will face the Marquette Mutineers twice this weekend. Tonight’s game starts at 7:30 at the Colosseum. Tomorrow’s contest will be played in Marquette.
The Detroit Red Wings lost 5-3 to the Carolina Hurricanes last night. Alex Nedeljkovic made 28 saves, and took the loss in net. Sam Gagner and Dylan Larkin scored.
The Wings entertain the New Jersey Devils tomorrow night. Coverage will begin at 7:45 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Pistons’ losing streak reached 13 games last night, as they fell 122-113 to the Indiana Pacers. Saddiq Bey led Detroit with 28 points. Cade Cunningham added 19.
The Pistons host the Houston Rockets tomorrow night.
In last night’s NFL game, Patrick Mahomes’ 34-yard touchdown pass to Travis Kelce gave the Kansas City Chiefs a 34-28 overtime victory over the Los Angeles Chargers.
• The Las Vegas Raiders visit the Cleveland Browns in a 4:30 contest.
• The New England Patriots call on the Indianapolis Colts for an 8:15 game.
Hear both on 99.3 The Lift.
• The Detroit Lions welcome the Arizona Cardinals for a 1:00 game. Hear the broadcast on 99.3 The Lift.
• The Green Bay Packers visit the Baltimore Ravens for a 4:05 contest.
The Lions will again be without running back D’Andre Swift Sunday, as he continues to recover from a shoulder injury. Tight end T.J. Hockenson will miss the rest of the season – he has undergone surgery to repair his injured thumb.
Upcoming Local Sports Broadcasts
• Tonight – High School Hockey – Jeffers at Houghton – 6:40 pregame on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Tonight – High School Hockey – Calumet at Cranbrook – 6:40 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Tomorrow – High School Hockey – Calumet at Detroit Country Day – 12:40 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Monday – High School Boys Basketball – Houghton at Calumet – 7:00 pregame on 97.7 The Wolf.
• Tuesday – High School Hockey – Houghton at Calumet – 6:40 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.