In high school girls basketball last night…
– Calumet edged Negaunee 59-55 in overtime. Elli Djerf scored 21 for the Copper Kings.
– Hancock lost to Gwinn 42-27.
– Houghton lost to Marquette 85-54.
– Dollar Bay-Tamarack City fell to Ewen-Trout Creek 64-16.
On the boys schedule last night…
– Houghton downed Jeffers 77-52.
– Calumet defeated Chassell 54-43.
– Hancock lost at Gwinn 66-52.
– Lake Linden-Hubbell cruised past Republic-Michigamme 67-43. Caleb Gregoire led all scorers with 19.
– Dollar Bay-Tamarack City downed Ewen-Trout Creek 76-55. The Blue Bolts remain unbeaten. Davin Hill led Dollar Bay with 26 points. Congratulations to Jaden Borseth of the Panthers, who scored his 1,000th career point.
In hockey last evening…
– Calumet lost to Marquette 4-0.
– Hancock defeated Jeffers 5-1.
The Finlandia University women’s basketball team visits Northland College tonight.
The Lions have been seeded second in the upcoming American Collegiate Athletic Association women’s basketball tournament. They will open against third-seed Pine Manor on February 29th. U-C Santa Cruz has the top seed, and will face fourth-seeded Mount Mary. The tournament will be played in Milwaukee. We will broadcast all of the Lions’ games on 99.3 the Lift.
The Detroit Red Wings fell 3-2 to the Buffalo Sabres last night. Darren Helm scored both Detroit goals. Jonathan Bernier made 22 saves.
The Wings host the New Jersey Devils tomorrow. Coverage begins at 6:40 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Pistons visit the Orlando Magic tonight. Coverage begins at 6:35 on 99.3 The Lift.
Baraga County Trails in Motion will host its annual Lantern-Lit Snowshoe Hike Saturday evening between 6:00 and 8:00 at the L’Anse Township Park. Enjoy Cathy’s Path and Soup’s Loop in the glow of lanterns. There is no charge. For more details, click here.
Our high school hockey coverage continues tomorrow night, as Jeffers welcomes Kingsford. The pregame show will begin around 6:40 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
Email sports news and game results to firstname.lastname@example.org.