In high school volleyball last night…
• Calumet fell to Marquette 3-0 (26-24, 25-16, 25-17).
On the volleyball schedule tonight…
• Calumet plays at Hancock. Coverage will begin around 6:10 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Ewen-Trout Creek plays at Lake Linden-Hubbell.
• Jeffers visits Dollar Bay-Tamarack City.
• Chassell travels to L’Anse.
• Baraga entertains Watersmeet.
See the full schedule for all our local high school teams here.
The Finlandia University men’s soccer team lost 3-2 to Lakeland University last night. Kendall Ukudemu and Sam Williams scored for the Lions.
Finlandia will play at Maranatha Baptist this afternoon.
Michigan Tech’s Anna Jonynas has been named the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference North Division Volleyball Player of the Week. In Tech’s four wins at the Illinois Springfield Capital Classic, Jonynas racked up 52 kills, 47 digs and four aces.
The Detroit Tigers and Milwaukee Brewers both had yesterday off. The Tigers host the Brewers tonight. Wily Peralta will start against Freddy Peralta. Coverage will begin at 6:10 on 99.3 The Lift.
In last night’s contest, Derek Carr’s 31-yard touchdown pass to Zay Jones lifted the Las Vegas Raiders to a wild 33-27 overtime victory over the Baltimore Ravens. The toss came after a penalty had backed the Raiders out of field goal range.
If you played The Wolf Pro Football Challenge, you must have selected at least 10 games correctly to be eligible to become our weekly winner.
Detroit Lions cornerback Jeff Okudah will miss the rest of the season. Yesterday, coach Dan Campbell confirmed that Okudah tore his Achilles tendon in Sunday’s loss to the Los Angeles Rams. Receiver Tyrell Williams could also miss some time, while he goes through concussion protocol.
Green Bay Packers tight end Josiah Deguara is also in concussion protocol.
High School Broadcasts
• The Calumet volleyball team plays at Hancock tonight. Coverage will begin around 6:10 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• The Houghton volleyball team plays at Negaunee Thursday. Coverage will start around 6:10 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• The Calumet football team entertains West Iron County Friday. Coverage will begin at 6:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• The Houghton football team visits Bark River-Harris Saturday. Coverage will start at 1:10 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• The Lake Linden-Hubbell football team plays at North Central Saturday. Coverage will begin at 1:40 on KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and scores to email@example.com.