Click on the highlighted scores for more game details.
The Calumet High School volleyball team will face McBain in the quarterfinals of the state tournament tonight at Gaylord. It’s a rematch of last year’s quarterfinal, which McBain won in five sets. Coverage will begin at 5:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
The Calumet athletic department is asking for the community’s help to cover the cost of the trip. You can donate at their GoFundMe site here, or make a direct contribution at the school.
The Michigan Tech women’s basketball team hosts Concordia-St. Paul this afternoon at 2:00 at the SDC.
The Tech men’s team has signed two new recruits…
• Luke Hazelton is a 6’7” forward from Maple City, Michigan. As a junior, he averaged 17 points and nine rebounds per game for Glen Lake High School.
• Ethan Heck is a 6’5” senior at West De Pere High School, where he played with current Husky Dawson Nordgaard. Last season, Heck averaged 14 points and six rebounds per game.
Both Finlandia hoops teams host Lakeland University tonight. The men’s game starts at 5:30, and the women’s contest at 7:30. Coverage of the women’s contest will begin at 7:10 on the Voice of the Lions, 99.3 The Lift.
The Tech soccer team has added seven new members.
• Havanah Brockington from West De Pere High School was named Player of the Year in the Bay Conference.
• Brooke Green was a member of the Bloomfield Hills High School team that won a state championship this fall.
• Allison Millina was named a First Team All-star in the Huron League twice at Milan High School.
• Claire Sampson, from Dimondale, played for Lansing Catholic Central High School. Her grandfather attended Michigan Tech.
• Katelyn Sanders was First Team All League as part of the nationally-ranked Beaverton High School team in Oregon.
• Marissa Wentland is also a track standout at Maple Grove High School in Minnesota.
After a 4-7 season, Northern Michigan University football coach Kyle Nystrom has resigned. In five seasons with the Wildcats, Nystrom compiled a 13-40 record, with just five wins in Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference competition.
The Red Wings visit the Ducks tonight. Coverage will begin at 9:45 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Pistons’ late rally fell short, in a 115-111 loss to the Raptors last night. Jaden Ivey scored 21 for Detroit. Cade Cunningham sat out again, dealing with a sore shin. Isaiah Stewart left the game with a sprained foot.
The Pistons will visit the Clippers Thursday.
Last night, the Commanders handed the Eagles their first loss of the season, 32-21.
If you played The Wolf Pro Football Challenge, you must have selected at least seven games correctly to be eligible to become our weekly winner.
Upcoming local sports broadcasts:
- Tonight – Calumet volleyball faces McBain in a state quarterfinal game at Gaylord. Coverage begins at 5:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Tonight – Finlandia women’s basketball hosts Lakeland University. Coverage begins at 7:10 on the Voice of the Lions, 99.3 The Lift.
- Friday – Houghton hockey opens its season at Escanaba. Coverage begins at 5:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
Email sports news and results to firstname.lastname@example.org.