In high school softball yesterday…
• Lake Linden-Hubbell v Calumet – rained out.
• Hancock v Negaunee – rained out.
In softball today, weather and field conditions permitting…
• Houghton hosts Ironwood.
• Hancock entertains Negaunee.
• L’Anse plays at Baraga.
In baseball yesterday…
• Houghton v Negaunee – rained out.
• Lake Linden-Hubbell v Jeffers – rained out.
In baseball today…
• Hancock plays at L’Anse.
• Jeffers plays at Houghton, in a make-up game that was just added to the schedule.
In golf yesterday…
• Houghton, Calumet and Hancock at the Calumet Invitational – no report.
• The Copper Mountain Conference Meet at Watersmeet – no report.
Slow Pitch Softball
In Copper Country Slow Pitch Softball League play last night – all games were rained out.
In the NHL conference semifinals last night…
• In the Western Conference, the Blues edged the Avalanche 5-4. Colorado leads the series 3-2.
• In the Eastern conference, the Rangers visit the Hurricanes. That series is tied 2-2.
• In the Western Conference, the Flames host the Oilers. Edmonton leads that set 3-1.
In the NBA Eastern Conference finals last night, the Celtics shut down the Heat 93-80. Boston leads that series 3-2.
In the Western Conference finals tonight, the Warriors host the Mavericks. Golden State leads that set 3-1.
Jeimer Candelario’s two-run homer in the top of the 10th inning gave the Detroit Tigers a 4-2 victory over the Minnesota Twins yesterday. In a game that was delayed by rain, Harold Castro hit two solo home runs. With no starter available, Detroit used seven pitchers. In the bottom of the 10th, Minnesota loaded the bases against Michael Fulmer. Fulmer struck out Carlos Correa, then gave way to Andrew Chafin. Chafin struck out Max Kepler, and retired Gary Sanchez on a pop foul to seal the win.
The Tigers open a home set against the Cleveland Guardians tonight. Tarik Skubal will pitch against Konnor Pilkington. Coverage will begin at 6:50 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Milwaukee Brewers edged the San Diego Padres 2-1 yesterday. Aaron Ashby pitched into the sixth, and gave up a run on four hits. Milwaukee’s runs came in the seventh, on an RBI double by Rowdy Tellez, and a sacrifice fly from Tyrone Taylor.
The Brewers begin a series in Saint Louis tonight. Eric Lauer will start against Adam Wainwright.
Email sports news and scores to email@example.com.