Ryan Carpenter pitched his way back to the minor leagues last night, as the Detroit Tigers lost to the Cleveland Indians 8-0. Carpenter gave up seven runs over three innings. Meanwhile, the Detroit offense collected just one hit, in a contest that was broken up by a two-hour rain delay. After the game, Carpenter was optioned back to the Toledo Mud Hens.
The Tigers continue that series in Cleveland tonight. Spencer Turnbull will pitch against Mike Clevinger. Pregame coverage will start at 6:45 on 99.3 The Lift.
Christian Yelich’s grand slam highlighted the Milwaukee Brewers’ 13-1 rout of the Atlanta Braves last evening. Keston Hiura and Lorenzo Cain also homered. Brandon Woodruff pitched into the seventh inning, giving up a run on five hits.
The Brewers host the Braves again this afternoon. Chase Anderson will start against Dallas Keuchel.
Fast Pitch Softball
In Copper Country Fast Pitch Softball League play tonight…
– Northern Michigan Land Brokers will face Coca-Cola of Hancock at the Hancock Driving Park.
– Superior National Bank will meet Crush/Diamond House/ Baby E’s at the Chassell Field.
Slow Pitch Softball
In Copper Country Slow Pitch Softball League action this evening…
– At Miller Memorial Field in Laurium, Lake Superior Design faces Auto Pro/ThermoAnalytics at 6:15, and Luigi’s at 7:30.
– At Hurontown, Pat’s Foods/Bucko’s plays Downtowner Two at 6:15.
– At the Hancock Driving Park, Koppers meets Bucko’s/Labatt’s at 6:15, and Harter’s Carquest at 7:30.
In the Copper Country Horseshoe League, some of the matches that were rained out Monday were completed last evening…
– Rocky’s Bar got past Calumet Electronics 6-3.
– Loading Zone edged Ahmeek Fire Department 5-4.
– Harter’s Paty Store shaded L and L 5-4.
– Drift Inn downed Calumet One 6-3.
– 41 Lumber defeated Bucko’s Party Store 6-3.
– Dreamland One v Dreamland Two – will be played tonight.
Email sports news and game results to firstname.lastname@example.org.