Click on the blue links for more details.
The Detroit Tigers lost to the Toronto Blue Jays 8-4 yesterday. Michael Fulmer threw five scoreless innings, but allowed two runs in the sixth, and left as the Jays scored four more in the seventh. Leonys Martin homered for Detroit.
The Tigers host the New York Yankees in a day-night doubleheader today, to make up two rainouts from early in the season. Drew VerHagen will come up from Toledo to pitch against Luis Severino in the first game. Pregame coverage will start at 12:45 on 99.3 The Lift. Mike Fiers will start against Domingo German in the nightcap. Pregame coverage will begin at 6:45.
Tigers catcher James McCann left yesterday’s game with a spasm in a chest muscle. He expects to be ready to play today.
The Milwaukee Brewers lost to the White Sox 6-1 yesterday.
Milwaukee has today off, and opens a two-game interleague set at Cleveland tomorrow night. Junior Guerra will start against Corey Kluber.
The Major League Baseball Draft begins tonight. The Tigers have the first overall pick, and are expected to take Auburn pitcher Casey Mize. The Brewers have the 21st pick in the first round.
The Stanley Cup playoff continues tonight, as the Golden Knights skate at Washington. The Capitals lead the series two games to one.
Golden State outscored Cleveland 122-103 last night. The Warriors lead the NBA Championship Series two games to none. Game three will be played Wednesday in Cleveland.
Fast Pitch Softball
The Copper Country Women’s Fast Pitch Softball League begins play tonight…
– Mattila Rock and Dock faces Loading Zone II/Calumet Golf Club at the Chassell field.
– Northern Michigan Land Brokers takes on Auto Pro Glass and Tire at the Bone Yard.
Both games begin at 7:15.
In Copper Country Horseshoe League play tonight…
– Calumet One faces Dreamland One at the Dreamland Bar
– Harter’s Party Store takes on Harter’s Carquest at the Drift Inn.
– Ahmeek Fire Department meets Drift Inn at Rocky’s Bar.
– Calumet Electronics plays Rocky’s Bar at the Calumet Dam.
– Loading Zone faces L and L at Lake Linden Park.
Email sports stories and game results to firstname.lastname@example.org.