In high school hockey, Calumet and Hancock face off in the Copper Island Classic tonight and tomorrow. Both games in the total-goals competition will be played at the Colosseum. Coverage of both contests will begin at 6:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
The 11-player high school football championship games begin today at Ford Field.
• In division eight, Hudson will face Beal City this morning at 10:00.
• In division seven, Pewamo-Westphalia will take on Lawton tomorrow morning at 10:00.
• In division six, Lansing Catholic will play Warren Michigan Collegiate today at 4:30.
• In division five, Grand Rapids Catholic Central will meet Marine City tomorrow at 4:30.
• In division four, Chelsea will face Hudsonville Unity Christian this evening at 7:30.
• In division three, Detroit Martin Luther King will take on DeWitt tomorrow evening at 7:30.
• In division two, Warren DeLaSalle will play Traverse City Central today at 1:00.
• In division one, Rochester Adams will meet Belleville tomorrow at 1:00.
The Michigan Tech hockey team hosts Ferris State tonight at 7:07, and tomorrow at 6:07.
The Northern Michigan hockey team welcomes Bowling Green tonight and tomorrow.
The Finlandia University women’s hockey team skates at Northland College tomorrow night and Sunday.
The Finlandia men’s team has the weekend off.
The Michigan Tech women’s basketball team plays at the Dakotah Bank Classic in Aberdeen, South Dakota this weekend. The Huskies will take on Minnesota State-Moorhead this afternoon, and Northern State tomorrow.
The Tech men’s team hosts Minnesota-Duluth tomorrow at 2:00, and Saint Cloud State Sunday at 1:00.
The NMU women’s hoops team plays at Saint Cloud State this afternoon, and at Minnesota-Duluth tomorrow.
The Northern men’s team hosts Saint Cloud State tomorrow.
The Finlandia women’s team hosts its own Thanksgiving Classic this weekend. Tomorrow, the Lions will play Wisconsin-Platteville at 1:00, and Northland College will face Marian University at 3:00. On Sunday, Wisconsin-Platteville and Marian will play at 1:00, and Finlandia and Northland will tip off at 3:00.
The Finlandia men’s team plays at Rockford tomorrow and Beloit on Sunday.
The Detroit Red Wings entertain the Buffalo Sabres tomorrow. Coverage will begin at 6:45 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Pistons visit the Los Angeles Clippers this afternoon. Coverage will begin at 3:15 on 99.3 The Lift.
In yesterday’s NFL matchups…
• Cairo Santos’ 28-yard field goal as time expired gave the Chicago Bears a 16-14 victory over the Detroit Lions. Jared Goff returned from his oblique injury, and completed 21 of 24 passes for 171 yards and two touchdowns. Detroit running back D’Andre Swift left the game in the first half because of a sprained shoulder. It’s not known how much time he might miss.
• The Dallas Cowboys forced overtime with a late comeback, but Daniel Carlson’s 28-yard field goal salvaged a 36-33 victory for the Las Vegas Raiders.
• The Buffalo Bills crushed the New Orleans Saints 31-6.
The Green Bay Packers host the Los Angeles Rams in a 4:25 game Sunday.
Upcoming Local Sports Broadcasts
• Tonight and tomorrow – high school hockey – Hancock at Calumet in the Copper Island Classic. Coverage of both games will begin at 6:40 on the voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Wednesday – high school hockey – Houghton at Hancock – coverage at 6:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
Email sports news and scores to email@example.com.