Click on the highlighted scores for more game details.
This weekend’s Copper Island Classic varsity hockey games between Calumet and Hancock have been postponed. Hancock school officials say a respiratory illness has sidelined so many Bulldogs that they can’t field a full team. No make-up dates have been announced. The JV contests will be played, with tonight’s game at 7:00, and tomorrow’s at 4:00 at the Colosseum.
The 11-player high school football championships will be played today and tomorrow at Ford Field in Detroit.
• In Division Eight, Ubly faces Ottawa Lake Whiteford this morning at 10:00.
• In Division Seven, Jackson Lumen Christi and Traverse City St Francis play tomorrow at 10:00.
• In Division Six, Negaunee takes on Grand Rapids West Catholic today at 4:30.
• In Division Five, Gladwin plays Frankenmuth tomorrow at 4:30.
• In Division Four, Goodrich faces Grand Rapids South Christian this evening at 7:30.
• In Division Three, Detroit Martin Luther King meets Muskegon tomorrow at 7:30.
• In Division Two, Warren De La Salle Collegiate plays Grand Rapids Forest Hills Central today at 1:00.
• In Division One, Caledonia and Belleville play tomorrow at 1:00.
The Michigan Tech hockey team hosts Minnesota State tonight at 7:07 and tomorrow at 6:07.
Northern’s hockey team, and both Finlandia hockey teams, have the weekend off.
The Michigan Tech men’s basketball team plays at seventh-ranked Minnesota-Duluth tomorrow, and at Saint Cloud State Sunday.
The Northern men’s team plays at Saint Cloud State today, and Minnesota-Duluth tomorrow.
The Tech women’s team hosts Saint Cloud State this afternoon at 3:00, and entertains Minnesota-Duluth tomorrow at 2:00.
The Northern women’s team welcomes Minnesota-Duluth today, and Saint Cloud State tomorrow.
The Finlandia men’s team will face Aurora University tomorrow afternoon in Escanaba.
The Red Wings entertain the Coyotes tonight. Coverage will begin at 7:45 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Pistons visit the Suns tonight.
In yesterday’s NFL games…
• The Lions dropped a 28-25 heartbreaker to the Bills. Michael Badgley’s 51-yard field goal with 23 seconds remaining tied the score, but Buffalo responded quickly, and Tyler Bass split the uprights from 45 yards out with two seconds on the clock to win the game.
• The Cowboys got past the Giants 28-20.
• The Vikings used a late surge to defeat the Patriots 33-26.
Upcoming local sports broadcasts:
- Tuesday – Calumet hockey skates at Jeffers. Coverage begins at 6:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Thursday – Calumet basketball hosts Iron Mountain. Coverage will begin around 7:00 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and results to firstname.lastname@example.org.