Calumet and Lake Linden-Hubbell will open the high school football playoffs this weekend. Official pairings were announced last night by the Michigan High School Athletics Association.
• The Copper Kings are seeded third in their Division Six district, and will play at Menominee Friday night. Coverage will begin at 6:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3. Gladstone will play at Negaunee in the other district semifinal.
• The Lakes are seeded second in their Eight Player Division Two region, and will host Forest Park Saturday afternoon. Coverage will start at 1:10 on KBear 102.3. Pellston will play at North Central in the other regional semifinal.
In other matches involving Upper Peninsula teams…
• In Division Three, Marquette will play at Mount Pleasant. DeWitt hosts Ionia in the other district semifinal.
• In Division Five, Kingsford travels to Kingsley. Clare will play at Gladwin in the other district semifinal.
• In Division Seven, Westwood will host East Jordan. Mancelona plays at Charlevoix in the other district semifinal.
• In Division Eight, Bark River-Harris plays at Beal City, and Iron Mountain hosts Frankfort.
• In Eight Player Division One, Rudyard plays at Munising, and Newberry plays at Pickford.
The final week of the regular high school volleyball season opens tonight…
• L’Anse visits Baraga.
• Jeffers plays at Ewen-Trout Creek.
The Tech soccer team knocked off ninth-ranked Ferris State 1-0 yesterday. Grace Shaw scored the game’s only goal.
The Finlandia women’s soccer team lost 2-0 to Wisconsin-Platteville yesterday.
Rookie Lucas Raymond scored a hat trick and added an assist, as the Detroit Red Wings blasted the Chicago Blackhawks 6-3 last night. Carter Rowney, Vladislav Namestnikov and Tyler Bertuzzi also scored for Detroit. Alex Nedeljkovic made 32 saves.
The Wings visit the Washington Capitals Wednesday. Coverage will begin at 6:45 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Pistons visit the Atlanta Hawks tonight.
• The Green Bay Packers crunched the Washington Football Team 24-10. Aaron Rodgers threw three touchdown passes.
• Matthew Stafford tossed three touchdown passes, as the Los Angeles Rams defeated the Detroit Lions 28-19. Detroit quarterback Jared Goff threw one TD pass, and two interceptions, one of them in the end zone late in the game.
In last night’s contest, the Indianapolis Colts downed the San Francisco 49ers 30-18.
Tonight, the New Orleans Saints visit the Seattle Seahawks. Hear the broadcast on 99.3 The Lift.
Local Sports Broadcasts
• Tomorrow – Calumet volleyball hosts Hancock. Pregame as early as 6:10 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Friday – Calumet at Menominee football – pregame at 6:40 on KBear 102.3.
• Saturday – Forest Park at Lake Linden-Hubbell football – pregame at 1:10 on KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and scores to email@example.com.