Click on the blue links for more details.
Both of the Detroit Tigers’ games against the New York Yankees yesterday were canceled because of bad weather. They’ll be made up in a day-night doubleheader on June 4th.
The Tigers have a scheduled day off today, and will open a home series against the Baltimore Orioles tomorrow night. Pregame coverage will begin at 6:15 on 99.3 The Lift.
Wilmer Flores’ home run in the bottom of the ninth inning lifted the New York Mets to a 3-2 victory over the Milwaukee Brewers yesterday. Milwaukee starter Jhoulys Chacin struggled through four innings, throwing 85 pitches, but allowing just one run. Both Milwaukee runs scored in the sixth inning, after a throwing error on an infield grounder by Hernán Pérez.
The Brewers return home to host the Cincinnati Reds this evening. Brent Suter will pitch against Luis Castillo.
Milwaukee played without Ryan Braun yesterday – he left Saturday’s game with tightness in his lower back. Eric Thames left yesterday’s contest with a groin injury. He’ll be evaluated today. Catcher Manny Piña also remains sidelined with a sore calf.
The Finlandia University baseball doubleheader at the University of Chicago Saturday was first postponed to yesterday, and then canceled altogether because of bad weather.
In NHL playoff action yesterday…
– Pittsburgh defeated Philadelphia 5-1. The Penguins lead that series 2-1.
– Minnesota downed Winnipeg 6-2. The Jets lead that set 2-1.
– Columbus edged Washington 5-4. The Blue Jackets lead that series 2-0.
– Las Vegas got past Los Angeles 3-2. The Golden Knights lead that set 3-0.
– Boston skates at Toronto. The Bruins are up 2-0 in that series.
– Tampa Bay visits New Jersey. The Lightning lead that series 2-0.
– Nashville plays at Colorado. The Predators lead that set 2-0.
– Anaheim skates at San Jose. The Sharks lead that series 2-0.
In the NBA playoffs yesterday…
– Boston got past Milwaukee 113-107.
– Indiana shut down Cleveland 98-80.
– Oklahoma City outscored Utah 116-108.
– Houston edged Minnesota 104-101.
Each of those winners leads their series 1-0.
– Miami plays at Philadelphia. The 76ers lead that series 1-0.
– San Antonio tips off at Golden State. The Warriors lead that set 1-0.
Email sports stories and game results to firstname.lastname@example.org.