Click on the highlighted scores for more game details.
A.J. Vanderbeck’s overtime goal gave Northern Michigan a 4-3 victory over Bowling Green last night. The Falcons won Saturday’s game 6-4.
The Red Wings continue their exhibition schedule at home tonight against the Penguins. Listen for regular-season Wings games on 99.3 The Lift.
The Tigers defeated the Twins 5-2 yesterday. Eric Haase and Victor Reyes homered.
The Tigers visit the Mariners tonight. Brian Garcia will start against George Kirby. Because of NFL football on 99.3 The Lift, the Tigers broadcast will begin at 9:20 on KBear 102.3.
Brent Suter gave up the winning run in the top of the 12th inning, as the Brewers fell to the Marlins 4-3 yesterday.
The Brewers entertain the Diamondbacks tonight. Brandon Woodruff will pitch against Tommy Henry.
The Phillies won, so another win by Philadelphia, or loss by Milwaukee, will eliminate the Brewers from the Wild Card playoff race.
• The Lions’ late comeback fell short in a 48-45 loss to the Seahawks. Detroit trailed 38-23 at the end of the third quarter, then scored 22 fourth-quarter points to close the gap. Jared Goff threw four touchdown passes. Jamaal Williams rushed for 108 yards and two scores.
• Mason Crosby’s field goal as the clock expired in overtime lifted the Packers to a 27-24 victory over the Patriots. Aaron Rodgers tossed two touchdown passes, and Aaron Jones ran for 110 yards.
In last night’s contest, the Chiefs outscored the Buccaneers 41-31.
The 49ers host the Rams tonight. Kickoff is at 8:15 on 99.3 The Lift.
Upcoming local sports broadcasts:
- Tomorrow – Houghton volleyball plays at Calumet. Coverage will begin around 6:10 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Thursday – Houghton volleyball entertains Lake Linden-Hubbell. Coverage will begin around 6:10 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
- Friday – Houghton football plays at Calumet. Coverage will begin at 6:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.