Click on the highlighted scores for additional game details.
In the high school volleyball tournament last night…
• In Division Four, District 98, Dollar Bay-Tamarack City eliminated L’Anse 3-0 (25-22, 25-10, 25-23). The Blue Bolts will play at Baraga tomorrow evening. Chassell downed Lake Linden-Hubbell 3-1. The Panthers will play at Jeffers tomorrow.
• In Division Four District 97 at Ontonagon, Ewen Trout Creek v Bessemer – no report.
• In Division Three, Hancock ousted West Iron County 3-0. The Bulldogs will host Ishpeming tomorrow night. Calumet had an opening-round bye, and will host Westwood tomorrow, with pregame at 5:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• In Division Two, Escanaba dispatched Gladstone 3-0. Houghton had an opening-round bye, and will play at Escanaba tomorrow, with pregame at 5:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
The Michigan Tech soccer team opens the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference tournament at Ferris State this afternoon. The Huskies are seeded fifth, and the Bulldogs fourth.
The Finlandia men’s hockey team skates at Northland College tonight.
Michigan Tech’s Blake Pietila has been named Goaltender of the Week by the Central Collegiate Hockey Association. Pietila turned in two shutouts as the Huskies swept St. Lawrence University last weekend.
The Sabres routed the Red Wings 8-3 last night. Alex Nedeljkovic took the loss in net, as Detroit was outshot 46-18.
The Wings entertain the Capitals Thursday. Because of NFL football on 99.3 The Lift, Wings coverage will begin at 6:45 on KBear 102.3.
The Pistons’ late rally fell short in a 110-108 loss to the Bucks last evening. Cade Cunningham led Detroit with 27 points, but his three-pointer that could have won the game in the closing seconds bounced off the rim.
The Pistons play at Milwaukee again tomorrow. Coverage will begin at 7:35 on 99.3 The Lift.
Game three of the World Series was rained out in Philadelphia last night. The Phillies will host the Astros tonight, with the Fall Classic tied at a win per team.
In last night’s contest, the Browns shut down the Bengals 32-13.
If you played The Wolf Pro Football Challenge, you must have selected at least 12 games correctly to be eligible to become our weekly winner.
Heads have begun to roll because of the Lions’ awful defensive performance this season. Defensive backs coach Aubrey Pleasant was fired yesterday.
The 50k Keweenaw Ultra Marathon will be held Saturday at the Tech Trails. 25k and 5k trail races will also be held. The cost is $10 for Tech students, and $20 for community members. For additional details and online registration, click here.
Upcoming local sports broadcasts:
- Tomorrow – Houghton opens the volleyball playoffs at Escanaba. Coverage will begin at 5:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
- Tomorrow – Calumet volleyball opens the playoffs at home against Westwood. Coverage will begin at 5:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and results to email@example.com.