Click on the highlighted scores for more game details.
Slow Pitch Softball
In Copper Country Slow Pitch Softball League play last evening…
• A and S Industrial/Loukus Tech v Downtowner Two – no report.
• Downtowner Two v Koppers – no report.
• Auto Pro/Thermoanalytics got past Pat’s Foods/Bucko’s 13-10.
• Amy J’s v Pat’s Foods/Bucko’s – no report.
Fast Pitch Softball
In Copper Country Fast Pitch Softball League action last night…
• Crush defeated REL 8-6. Olivia Shank was the winning pitcher with relief help from Sarah Audette. Emily Jokela had two singles, a double and an inside-the-park home run, and Laura Lyons two singles and a double for Crush. Ashley Lehto had three hits for REL.
• Superior National Bank mercied Northern Michigan Land Brokers 16-6 in five innings. Larissa Anderson was the winning pitcher with relief from Elisa Isaacson. Brielle Anderson had three singles for SNB, and Larissa Anderson and Janie Berg each had two singles. For NMLB, Laura Kangas had three singles, and Lilly Turner and Kaydence Kilpela each had two.
• JB’s came from behind to down Tervo Agency 7-4. Stella Soumis earned the win with relief from Mackenzie Ekdahl.
The Finlandia University men’s basketball team has added a new player. Former Dollar Bay-Tamarack City High School standout Davin Hill is transferring in, after a year at Gogebic Community College. Hill scored 1,085 career points for the Blue Bolts, and was a key member of the squads that reached the state semifinals twice.
This year’s Hockey Hall of Fame class includes one former Red Wing. Daniel Alfredsson played 17 seasons with the Senators, but spent his final season in Detroit. Classmates include Daniel and Henrik Sedin of the Canucks; goaltender Roberto Luongo, who played with the Canucks, Panthers and Islanders; and legendary Finnish women’s player Riika Sallinen. Herb Carnegie was inducted in the builders category. Carnegie was of Jamaican descent. He excelled in the Quebec minor leagues in the 1940s, but couldn’t break through the color barrier into the NHL. Carnegie died in 2012.
The Tigers had yesterday off, and play at San Francisco tonight. Tarik Skubal will pitch against Carlos Rodón. Coverage will begin at 9:25 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Brewers were also off yesterday, and visit the Rays tonight. Brandon Woodruff will start against Shane Baz.
In Copper Country Horseshoe League play last evening…
• Dreamland Two downed Rocky’s Bar 6-3.
• 41 Lumber beat Drift Inn 7-2.
• Dreamland One edged L and L 5-4.
• Calumet Electronics slipped past Ahmeek Fire Department 5-4.
• Calumet One outscored Harter’s Party Store 7-2.
• Bucko’s Party Store defeated Loading Zone 7-2.