In girls high school basketball tonight…
– Calumet hosts L’Anse. Our broadcast will begin around 7:00 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
– Houghton welcomes Escanaba.
– Lake Linden-Hubbell plays at Chassell – postponed to 2/7.
– Jeffers tips off at Baraga.
– Ontonagon travels to Watersmeet.
In boys action this evening…
– Dollar Bay-Tamarack City welcomes Watersmeet.
– Jeffers hosts Bessemer in a make-up game from December 9th.
– Calumet visits West Iron County in a make-up contest from January 16th.
The Houghton downhill ski team competes at Norway today.
Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
Both Michigan Tech basketball teams host Purdue Northwest this evening. The women’s contest will start at 5:30, and the men’s game at 7:30.
Both Northern Michigan University teams will entertain Wisconsin-Parkside.
The Michigan Tech football team wound up with 25 new players, as the commitment window opened yesterday. The Huskies also designated nine others as preferred walk-ons. Eight members of the class are from the Upper Peninsula. They include…
– Defensive back Carter Crouch from Lake Linden-Hubbell.
– Defensive back Colton Salani from Hancock.
– Defensive lineman Alex Studebaker from Calumet.
– Defensive lineman Caleb Anderson from Gwinn.
– Wide receiver Colin Hicks from Marquette.
– Kicker and punter Drew Wyble from Marquette.
– Offensive lineman Nick Dautremont from Sault Ste. Marie.
– Defensive lineman Leo Helppi from Negaunee.
You can meet all the new Huskies here.
The Northern Michigan University football team added 21 recruits. You can meet them here.
The Finlandia University men’s basketball team earned its first victory of the season last night, 91-77 over Gogebic Community College. Tristan Johnson set a school record with 10 three-pointers, and led the team with 30 points. Dylan Underwood added 18 points, and dished out 11 assists. The win broke a 47-game losing streak.
The Detroit Red Wings visit the Buffalo Sabres this evening. Coverage begins at 6:40 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Wings have placed forward Frans Nielsen and defenseman Mike Green on Injured Reserve. Forward Taro Hirose and defenseman Gustav Lindstrom have been called up from Grand Rapids to fill in.
Andre Drummond powered the Detroit Pistons to a 116-108 victory over the Phoenix Suns last night. Drummond scored 31 points and grabbed 19 rebounds. Reggie Jackson added 25 points.
The Pistons will visit the Oklahoma City Thunder tomorrow evening.
The annual Barneløpet features Nordic ski races for children ages three through 17 at the Maasto Hiihto Trails on Sunday. Registration begins at 1:00 in the chalet in Hancock. Events will begin at 2:00. For more details, click here.
Email sports news and game results to email@example.com.