In high school volleyball last night…
• Houghton v Marquette – canceled.
On today’s volleyball schedule…
• Houghton plays at Calumet. Coverage will begin at 6:10 or later on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Hancock welcomes Gwinn.
• L’Anse plays at Lake Linden-Hubbell.
• Dollar Bay-Tamarack City travels to Ironwood.
• Baraga journeys to Watersmeet.
• Jeffers entertains Ewen-Trout Creek.
• Chassell plays at West Iron County.
In cross country…
• Calumet, Houghton and Hancock will be among the teams competing at the Westwood Invitational.
See the full schedule for all our local high school teams here.
The Finlandia men’s soccer team lost 4-1 at Northland College last evening. Bryson Beck scored the Lions’ only goal. Finlandia will play at North Central University in Minneapolis this afternoon.
The Finlandia women’s soccer team will play at the University of Chicago this afternoon.
Finlandia’s Joslynn Perala has been named the Coast-To-Coast Athletic Conference Volleyball Offensive Player of the Week. She is the first Lions volleyball player to earn that honor.
Michigan Tech’s Anna Jonynas has been named the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Volleyball North Division Player of the Week for the third time in her career.
The Major League Baseball playoffs begin tonight, as the Boston Red Sox host the New York Yankees in the American League Wild Card game.
The Milwaukee Brewers open the playoffs at home against the Atlanta Braves Friday afternoon.
The Detroit Red Wings lost to the Chicago Blackhawks 6-4 in exhibition play last night. Bobby Ryan, Moritz Seider, Lucas Raymond and Robby Fabbri scored for Detroit. Thomas Greiss took the loss in net.
The Wings visit the Columbus Blue Jackets tomorrow night. Listen for regular-season Wings games on 99.3 The Lift.
In last night’s NFL game, the Los Angeles Chargers defeated the Las Vegas Raiders 28-14.
If you played The Wolf Pro Football Challenge, you must have selected at least 10 games correctly to be eligible to become our weekly winner.
• Houghton volleyball plays at Calumet tonight. The home team station gets the broadcast, so coverage will begin at 6:10 or later on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Calumet football plays at Houghton Saturday afternoon. The home team station gets the broadcast, so coverage will begin at 12:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97-7 The Wolf.
• Lake Linden-Hubbell football visits Carney-Nadeau Saturday afternoon, with coverage at 1:40 on KBear 102.
• Finlandia football hosts Minnesota-Morris Saturday afternoon. Coverage begins at 12:40 on 99.3 The Lift.
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.