In high school boys basketball last night…
– Houghton fell to Negaunee 61-48.
– L’Anse shaded Calumet 60-57.
– Dollar Bay-Tamarack City pounded Lake Linden-Hubbell 83-24.
– Jeffers stopped Baraga 51-32.
– Ontonagon outscored Watersmeet 78-51.
In girls basketball last evening…
– Calumet lost to Westwood 58-35. Elli Djerf led the Copper Kings with 10 points.
– Hancock got past Ishpeming 43-38. D’Andra Kero led the Bulldogs with 15 points, and Tayor Sebbas added 12.
– Dollar Bay-Tamarack City fell to Wakefield-Marenisco 37-9.
– L’Anse edged Ewen-Trout Creek 49-46.
In girls action tonight…
– Lake Linden-Hubbell tips off at Houghton.
– Jeffers visits Ontonagon.
– Chassell entertains Bessemer.
– Baraga welcomes Watersmeet.
In high school hockey…
– Hancock hosts Brighton this afternoon at 4:00. Our coverage will begin at 3:40 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
– Calumet entertains Novi tonight.
– Houghton welcomes Novi at 2:00 – our broadcast will begin at 1:40 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
– Calumet hosts Brighton at 7:00 – our broadcast will begin at 6:40 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
In high school swimming, Houghton hosts the Gremlin Splash Tournament tomorrow.
The Finlandia University women’s basketball team earned its first win of the season yesterday, defeating Great Lakes Christian College 75-44. Mariah Austin led the Lions with 25 points and 17 rebounds. Molly Berg added 10 points.
The Lions men’s hockey team hosts Aurora University tonight at 7:15, and Lake Forest College tomorrow afternoon at 4:00.
The Finlandia women’s hockey team entertains Wisconsin-Superior tomorrow at 8:00, and Sunday at 2:30.
Both Michigan Tech basketball teams lost at Ashland last evening. The women’s team fell 80-58 to the eighth-ranked Eagles. Ashland broke open a close game by scoring 29 points in the third quarter. Ellie Mackay and Hannah Hobson each scored 13 for the Huskies. The men’s squad dropped a 67-44 decision to the 10th-rated Eagles. Dawson Bilski led the Huskies with 15 points.
Both Huskies teams play at Wayne State University tomorrow.
The Michigan Tech hockey team skates at Minnesota State tonight and tomorrow night.
The Northern Michigan hockey team plays at Alaska-Fairbanks tonight and tomorrow night.
The Portage Lake Pioneers and the Calumet Wolverines will face off tomorrow night at 7:30 at Dee Stadium.
The Detroit Red Wings entertain the Nashville Predators tonight. Coverage begins at 7:10 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Pistons host the Utah Jazz tomorrow evening.
The NFL playoffs begin this weekend…
– Tomorrow, the Indianapolis Colts visit the Houston Texans in the first game, and the Dallas Cowboys host the Seattle Seahawks in the nightcap. Our coverage will begin at 4:00 on 99.3 The Lift.
– Sunday, the Los Angeles Chargers visit the Baltimore Ravens in the first game, and the Chicago Bears entertain the Philadelphia Eagles in the nightcap. Our coverage will begin at 12:30 on 99.3 The Lift.
Email sports stories and game results to email@example.com.