In high school boys basketball tonight…
– Houghton entertains L’Anse.
– Hancock welcomes Baraga.
– Calumet hosts Ontonagon.
– Chassell tips off at Lake Linden-Hubbell.
– Dollar Bay-Tamarack City travels to Bessemer.
– Jeffers entertains Republic-Michigamme.
In girls action tonight…
– Ewen-Trout Creek welcomes Bessemer.
At the Gremlin Splash swim competition Saturday, on the boys’ side, Houghton’s Colton Haataja won the 50-yard and 100-yard freestyle events. Cameron Jackson took the 200-yard butterfly. Kevin Beaghan won the 50-yard backstroke and the 100-yard Individual Medley. Samuel Fang won the 200-yard breaststroke. The 400-yard freestyle relay team won. On the girls’ side, Tessa Meyer took the 50-yard butterfly. Mikayla Segue won the 200-yard breaststroke. Team scores were not compiled. See full results here.
The Finlandia University women’s basketball team defeated Silver Lake College 57-53 yesterday afternoon. Katie Lundeen broke a late tie with layup and added three free throws to seal the win. Mariah Austin scored 15 points, and Taylor Pertile added 13.
The Finlandia women’s hockey team fell 10-1 to Wisconsin-Superior yesterday. Abby Kolek scored the Lions’ only goal. Sarah Gundry made 43 saves, as the Yellowjackets outshot FinnU 53-15.
The Detroit Red Wings lost to the Washington Capitals 3-2 yesterday afternoon. Anthony Mantha and Filip Hronek scored for Detroit. Jimmy Howard stopped 31 shots. The Wings entertain the Montreal Canadiens tomorrow night. Pregame coverage will start at 7:10 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Pistons host the San Antonio Spurs tonight. Pregame coverage begins at 6:35 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Divisional match-ups are in place for the NFL playoffs. Yesterday…
– The Philadelphia Eagles edged the Chicago Bears 16-15. Bears kicker Cody Parkey kicked a last-second field goal that would have won the game, but Philadephia coach Doug Pederson called time out just before the play began, and the kick was waived off. Parkey’s next attempt hit an upright and bounced off the crossbar back into the field.
– The Los Angeles Chargers eliminated the Baltimore Ravens 23-17.
On Saturday, the Indianapolis Colts will face the Kansas City Chiefs, and the Dallas Cowboys will take on the Los Angeles Rams. On Sunday, the Chargers will play the New England Patriots, and the Eagles will face the New Orleans Saints. Hear all the games on 99.3 The Lift.
Our high school basketball coverage continues tomorrow night, when the Houghton girls play at Jeffers. The pregame show will begin around 7:00 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
Email sports stories and game results to firstname.lastname@example.org.