Click on the highlighted scores for more game details.
In high school girls basketball last night…
• Jeffers fell 63-43 at Westwood. Sara Johnson led the Jets with 23 points. For the Patriots, Madison Marta scored 24, and Lexi Olson added 20.
• Hancock plays at West Iron County.
• Dollar Bay-Tamarack City travels to Wakefield-Marenisco.
• Jeffers visits Chassell.
• Ontonagon journeys to Ironwood.
In hockey this evening…
• Calumet skates at Jeffers. Coverage begins at 6:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
The Houghton High School swim team opens its season this afternoon at Westwood.
The Finlandia women’s team plays at Northland College tonight.
Michigan Tech’s successful weekend against Minnesota State bumped them upward in the national polls. The Huskies are ranked 18th in this week’s USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine poll, and 19th in the DCU/USCHO.com poll.
The Red Wings’ four-game win streak ended with a 4-2 loss to the Maple Leafs last night. Moritz Seider and Adam Erne scored for the Wings. Ville Husso allowed all four Toronto goals, and was replaced by Alex Nedeljkovic midway through the game.
The Wings entertain the Sabres tomorrow. Coverage begins at 6:45 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Pistons host the Knicks tonight. Coverage begins at 6:35 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Steelers defeated the Colts 24-17 last night.
If you played The Wolf Pro Football Challenge, you must have selected 12 games correctly to be eligible to become our weekly winner.
Tigers star Miguel Cabrera has confirmed that this season will be his last. Cabrera is entering the final year of his contract with Detroit. Age and injuries have reduced his production over the past few seasons, but he remains a sure first-ballot Hall-of-Famer when he becomes eligible. Cabrera also told Detroit Tigers MLB reporter Jason Beck that he would like to remain with the organization, coaching young players.
Upcoming local sports broadcasts:
- Tonight – Calumet hockey skates at Jeffers. Coverage begins at 6:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Thursday – Calumet basketball hosts Iron Mountain. Coverage will begin around 7:00 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Friday – Houghton hockey hosts Traverse City Central. Coverage begins at 6:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
Email sports news and scores to email@example.com.