In high school baseball Saturday…
• Houghton won the WestPAC Tournament, defeating Iron Mountain 8-0 in the championship game. The Gremlins advanced to the final by blanking Hancock 17-0. The Mountaineers edged Calumet 5-4 in the other semifinal.
• Jeffers swept Ironwood, 3-1 and 12-0. Levi Frahm earned the win in the first game, striking out 15 batters. Cody Turner drove in two runs. Dean Jurmu got the win in the nightcap.
In softball Saturday…
• Hancock fell to Negaunee in the championship game at the WestPAC Tournament. The Bulldogs defeated Westwood in the opening round, then dispatched Houghton in the semifinals. Scores were not provided.
NHL conference semifinals continued Saturday night…
• In the Western Conference, the Avalanche buried the Blues 5-2. Colorado leads that series 2-1.
Tonight in the Western Conference..
• The Oilers host the Flames. That series is tied 1-1.
In the Eastern Conference today…
• The Panthers visit the Lightning. Tampa Bay leads that set 2-0.
• The Rangers host the Hurricanes. Carolina is up 2-0 in that series.
The Detroit Red Wings have signed forward Taro Hirose to a two-year contract extension.
In the NBA Eastern Conference finals Saturday night, the Heat edged the Celtics 109-103. Miami leads that series 2-1.
In the Western Conference finals tonight, the Mavericks host the Warriors. Golden State leads that set 2-0.
The Detroit Tigers and Cleveland Guardians were rained out Saturday evening. The game will be made up July 14th.
The Tigers play in Cleveland again this afternoon. Alex Faedo will pitch against Shane Bieber. Coverage will begin at 1:20 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Milwaukee Brewers downed the Washington Nationals 5-1 Saturday. Brandon Woodruff gave up a run on five hits over six innings, and struck out six. Andrew McCutcheon and Luis Urías homered.
The Crew hosts the Nationals again today. Freddy Peralta will start against Aaron Sanchez.
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.